We'll be traveling to CA in less than a week and may need to come up with some additional nights in the Monterey/Carmel area if we decide to leave Yosemite earlier than originally plans.
We've currently got 4 nights in Yosemite. At this point, with road closures, we'll already have to alter our plans (unless roads open), but now that we've seen that depending on winds, the Valley may be affected. If we can't hike due to air quality, I can't imagine staying for that length of time.
So, currently we've got 1 night reserved at the Normandy Inn (Tues, Sept 10) and then 2 nights (Wed/Thurs) at Glen Oaks in Big Sur.
We're trying to remain really flexible (since we don't have any control anyway), but I'm wondering about the odds of adding a night (or 2) somewhere at the last minute if we vacate Yosemite. So it would be either Monday, 9/9 or Sunday 9/8 AND Monday 9/9.
I'm just wondering what the odds would be to find a place to stay at the very last minute.
We could also alter our trip and approach Big Sur from the South (and even cancel our night at Normandy Inn), spending some time on the south end before our 2 nights at Glen Oaks.
Anyway - any suggestions/advice are welcomed.