We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airports

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 3
Airports

We are planning a trip to Carmel & Sonoma....which airport would you recommend?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
reviews: 87
11. Re: Airports

We have always been lucky to stay near the beach in Carmel (and I think you can find a place with an ocean view along its shores if you look, I know we did once). The plein air painters come out in the mornings in the Big Sur area, and that leads you back to their exhibits in Carmel. It's a wonderful place. Garrapata Beach State Park is worth getting out of the car for (I know you have probably heard about Point Lobos, Big Sur State Park, Julia-Pfeiffer Burns and maybe even Nepenthe, but maybe not GBSP).

So I'm agreeing that...with Pacific Grove for the classic breakfast and a lot of good places to eat in and around Carmel (with a gorgeous drive that's worth exploring in whole down to Cambria and back, as opposed to battling traffic between San José airport and Sonoma or SFO and anywhere...)

You should come back again for Sonoma! (Don't worry, no matter what you end up doing, it'll be great, I just feel like relaxing tonight, myself, and the image of you enjoying the ocean from your room has a lot of appeal).

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
12. Re: Airports

Agree that you will have to prioritize for such a short trip. We did 4 nights in both Monterey and Sonoma (and 3 more in San Fran) in late June. Our time in the Monterey area was well spent and we feel like we saw everything that interested us: Carmel, the Aquarium, Point Lobos, Big Sur and a kayak trip on the Elkhorn Slough. Four days in Sonoma (we stayed in Healdsburg and loved it!) was just enough to scratch the surface and make us want to head back soon. You may do better to focus on just one of those areas.

13. Re: Airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 22, 2014