We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point Lobos & 17 mile road

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Point Lobos & 17 mile road

Hi,

My wife and i will take a 2.5 days trip from LA to SF, We Plan to visit Point Lobos.

I was wandering, if we are not hikers but we like nature, how many hours should we reserve for this Great Park?

11. Re: Point Lobos & 17 mile road

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the feedback's!!!

I Think we will visit The park about 2-3 hours is it enough tome to make the North Shore and Cypress Grove trails?

reviews: 740
12. Re: Point Lobos & 17 mile road

A little longer would be better if you could. Half a day (4 hrs.) would be ideal. I think 17 Mile Drive is gorgeous and would recommend doing it. Enjoy the coast! :)

Monterey Peninsula...
13. Re: Point Lobos & 17 mile road

A word about 17 Mile Drive. While Point Lobos should take priority, I wouldn't knock 17 Mile Drive as some do. It's more than the Lone Cypress and mansions. There are a lot of beautiful spots there. Pescadero Point, the northernmost point of Carmel Bay is quite dramatic. Point Joe at the southern end of Spanish Bay is also interesting. On its north side waves come in from two directions at right angles to each other, a rare natural phenomenon that is fascinating to watch. It's labeled on the maps and signage as "The Restless Sea." If you take the full loop up into the hills there are some great panoramic views.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

14. Re: Point Lobos & 17 mile road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014