We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clara...
Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

Hi,

I am planning for a birthday party inviting family and friends (about 15 of them) and was thinking of vacation rentals in Carmel by the sea or near by for a 2-night stay. Needed tips of a good vacation rentals. So far, sanctuary vacation rentals seemed affordable and was looking for helping reviews on them or any around. Also, are any near by places good to stay as well like pacific grove and others?

Thanks much

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

My understanding regarding Carmel By The Sea vacation rentals is that the city has a 30 day minimum stay for the rental to be legal, so do be careful when looking in the Carmel area.

I suggest Pacific Grove, which is a beautiful area close to Carmel By The Sea that is less restrictive when it comes to vacation rentals.

You can start by looking at www.vrbo.com

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…pacific-grove

Edited: 8:06 am, April 13, 2013
Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
2. Re: Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

I would look at this one, since it also has another rental above the garage, which would allow all of you to stay on the same property.

http://www.vrbo.com/299268

http://www.vrbo.com/299271 (This is the rental above the garage looking toward Green Gables Inn)

Edited: 8:10 am, April 13, 2013
Monterey Peninsula...
3. Re: Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

Kibblesmom is correct about the 30 day minimum for Carmel rentals. Here's the official rules: …carmel.ca.us/carmel/…

That only applies to rentals within the one-square-mile city limits. I have seen some inappropriate rental offerings on some vacation rental websites, so be cautious. There may be rental options in the unincorporated areas just outside the town borders.

Pacific Grove may be your best bet. That town loosened limits on vacation rentals a couple years ago. Rental owners have to be registered with city hall, so there's some extra protection for renters there, as well. Here's a local site for finding vacation rentals in PG. pacificgrove.org/external/…

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Santa Clara...
4. Re: Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

Thank you so much for replies.I will check Pacific Grove then.

Thanks much

5. Re: Help with vacation rentals in Carmel or near by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2014