We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moonglow cottage carmel

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex
reviews: 67
Moonglow cottage carmel

Hello there

We've booked for a few nights at this place and I wanted to show the details to a relative who is planning a trip. Imagine my surprise when I could no longer find it anywhere on the site. It had good reviews and pictures etc - that's how I found it in the first place. What has happened do you think? I have emailed the owners. I'm a bit nervous now.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
1. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

Google is your friend...

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p251128

Sussex
2. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

Thank you datthecoast for your prompt reply. I'll check that out.

Monterey Peninsula...
3. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

I see it sits along Hatton Canyon. I lived along Hatton Canyon when I was a kid! Lovely place. Lots of wildlife there. We used to see deer, quail, and all sorts of other birds on our patio. Lots of crickets at night. Just don't leave anything out that might attract raccoons!

Just FYI, Hatton Canyon is just east of Highway 1, behind Carmel High School, outside the Carmel city limits. It's roughly a mile to downtown Carmel (assuming the house is on the west side of the canyon).

A little history: Hatton Canyon almost ceased to be. Caltrans (the California department of transportation) owned it for over 40 years and tried to put a freeway bypass right down the middle of it. It was going to take out our house, so we had to move away. Ultimately, good sense prevailed and Caltrans gave up after 40 years of fighting local environmentalists. Governor Gray Davis signed a bill in 2000, which turned the canyon over to the state parks department, which manages it now. Ironically, Caltrans did a better job maintaining the trails than state parks is doing. But at least it will still be there for the benefit of future generations.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 3:33 am, March 29, 2013
reviews: 780
4. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

Looks like a very nice place, let us know how you like it if you stay there! Enjoy your time in Carmel, it's a beautiful area to spend time in. :)

Sussex
5. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

Thanks so very much for these posts; so interesting to hear the background and history. Can't wait to see the area myself.

6. Re: Moonglow cottage carmel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 05, 2014