We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 60
Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August

We stayed in Carmel last September and fell in love with the people and area. We are returning this August and wasn't sure if we should base ourselves solely in Carmel for five nights or in any of the surrounding areas.

We went as far south as Big Sur last time and never really visited Monterey but could do so from Carmel. Are there other places along the coast further south that would be worth a night stay or should we stay in the Beautiful city for the full 5 nights?

Thank you

13 replies to this topic
Carmel, California...
11. Re: Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August

Thanks, Mr. Toy, for adding the clarification.

Here are the rules for Carmel and the surrounding area, as outlined by Carmel Realty Company: carmelrealtycompany.com/vacation-rental-guid…

Enjoy!

N.J.
reviews: 35
12. Re: Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August

I just rented a house for a week in Carmel in July but now I am seeing these posts about renting being illegal if shorter than 30 days. Based on the map of where the rental is located, I believe it is located outside of the 1 square mile - it is also on the other side of Highway 1. I hope I am not breaking any rules.

Monterey Peninsula...
13. Re: Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August

If it is on the east side of Highway 1, it is definitely outside the city limits.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Reply to: Carmel and surrounding areas visit this August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted