We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickle Pink v. Old Monterey Inn

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Coast
Tickle Pink v. Old Monterey Inn

Hi,

I am debating between staying at the Tickle Pink or Old Monterey Hill for one night in June. I will be with my girlfriend driving up from LA to San Francisco for a few days of relaxation. I am looking for a romantic setting that gives me the most for my money. To be more exact, after reading every review on this site, it appears the negative reviews for both Tickle Pink and the Old Monterey Inn are centered on fairly dated interior designs. If anyone has an opinion in terms of which one of these is better for a romantic stay, please let me know (it seems as if the views a Tickle Pink and the comfort at Old Monterey make up for interior aging)

Thanks!

Los Angeles
reviews: 3
1. Re: Tickle Pink v. Old Monterey Inn

I stayed at the TPI in March (room 21) and didn't feel like the interior was dated at all. In my opinion, the TPI is extremely romantic, especially if you get a fireplace or jacuzzi room.

I've never been to the Old Monterey Inn, so I can't help you there. My vote is for the Tickle Pink.

reviews: 740
2. Re: Tickle Pink v. Old Monterey Inn

Which town do you want to be in? Monterey or the Carmel Highland's? Tickle Pink is wonderful. We loved the property, jacuzzi, wine and cheese reception with oceanviews, etc. It is located right next to the Highland's Inn where we have stayed many times. You will have to drive a bit to get to the beach and shops in Carmel, tho.

The interior was not dated at all, simply decorated rooms and ours had a gorgeous oceanview. Let us know what you decide and welcome to the TA forums! :)

3. Re: Tickle Pink v. Old Monterey Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 15, 2009