We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fave restaurants in the area

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
fave restaurants in the area

My husband and I will be in the area in March and was looking for some suggestions for places to eat. Any recommendations for either breakfast, lunch or dinner would be great, thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,475 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: fave restaurants in the area

We like La Bicyclette in Carmel. You can walk on Ocean avenue and check menus out including yummie treats at the bakeries on that street. In Pacific Grove we love Passionfish and in Monterey 1833 is great.

Have you looked at opentable and yelp for reviews and suggestions. We do that when we travel to a new area.

Edited: 1:45 pm, February 13, 2013
Dallas, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
365 reviews
2. Re: fave restaurants in the area

Casanova and Dametra are our two favorites in Carmel. Pasionfish in Pacific Grove and Sardine Factory in Monterey are at the top of our list elsewhere. There are several others that we've enjoyed through the years, but these are the places that we come back to.

Edited: 3:41 pm, February 13, 2013
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: fave restaurants in the area

One of my favorites for dinner in Carmel is Grasing's Coastal Cuisine. http://www.grasings.com/ For a local feel for breakfast and fresh food and baked goods, try the Wild Plum Cafe in Monterey. http://thewildplumcafe.com/

We also love Tarpy's Roadhouse in Monterey, near the airport, for lunch or dinner. http://www.tarpys.com/. My favorite for lunch is Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove--wonderful! www.redhousecafe.com

Edited: 3:58 pm, February 13, 2013
Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
16,509 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: fave restaurants in the area

If you like Mexican food, then Pepper's Mexicali Cafe or Michael's Taqueria in Pacific Grove are both good options.

First Awakening at the American Tin Cannery Outlet is a popular breakfast spot.

Massaro & Santos on the Coast Guard pier is a locals favorite for fresh fish.

Montrio Bistro, Hula's Island Grill, Fandango

And a special shout out to PGdenizen who lives in my favorite place in the world. :-)

Edited: 4:04 pm, February 13, 2013
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: fave restaurants in the area

Hey Kibblesmom! Nice to see you!

Level Contributor
29,741 posts
789 reviews
6. Re: fave restaurants in the area

Little Napoli, Anton & Michel, Casanova, Demetra Cafe and PortaBella are a few of our favorites in Carmel. Mission Ranch is also very good. :).

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: fave restaurants in the area

In Carmel, I like Mundaka, Basil, La Bicyclette, Cantinetta Luca, Casanova and Pastries and Petals for baked goods and Aubergine for a fine dining splurge.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: fave restaurants in the area

I second Passionfish, La Bicyclette and Casanova. I would add in Mission Ranch and Pacific Edge. Sierra Mar is a drive but worth it.

Edited: 3:42 pm, February 18, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: fave restaurants in the area

Thanks for all the information made a reservation at Grasings, Passionfish, Sierra Mar and will have brunch at Mission Ranch.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: fave restaurants in the area

Good choices! Have a great time...