We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

We have five days in May and want very much to see both Napa and drive down through Big Sur. Our thought is to fly into Sacramento-rent a car (one way), spend a couple of nights in Napa and then head to Big Sur and fly out of San Luis Obispo.

What do you experts in the area think? We are non-reving so the airport we actually fly into will depend on the loads at the time, so that is very flexible. What I am really wanting to know is this a realistic plan for a five day driving trip? Thank you for any suggestions or ideas. I cant wait to see this beautiful area.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

One post in the CA forum would have helped instead of multiple posts in different forums. Please check answers in the Big Sur forum

2. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Well, I did not know that would have harmed. I asked the question in both forums of the area I was asking about. Made sense to me. Please forgive. Thank you.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

Actually... you asked in the Big Sur and Carmel forums.... 2 areas that are 45 minutes apart from each other.... not the Napa forums, but no worries. It's all good. We're still here to help.

4. Re: We want a little Napa, a little Big Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 03, 2014