We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

My husband and I will be spending a day and a half in the Monterery Carmel area next week. This was a spur of the moment trip so we haven't done much planning. We want to make the most of our time. Any suggestions? Thanks.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

A day and a half in this area and only a few hours in SF. Humm. Is this after Napa and then are you driving to Monterey ? Well Cannery Row, the wharf, biking along the bay in Pacific Grove, the shops in Carmel and the beach there (it will be cold) . Point Lobos which is amazing. If you have time you can drive South for about an hour to Big Sur Village, check out McWay Falls and eat at Nepenthe and turn around. This would be after Point Lobos but we are talking about a a 4 or more hour round trip if you want to hike a bit stop along the way,and eat.

Many visit the Aquarium if they have time

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
2. Re: one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

Carmel is first with my husband then driving to SF to pick up daughter and going to Napa for a long weekend! Since she gets in early (11am) we thought we'd spend a little time in SFO.

I know it's too cold for the beach. In Carmel, we're most interested in the scenery. Definitely doing Point Lobos and we may do the drive to Big Sur Village. My husband is not big on shopping or touristy stuff but the biking along the bay would suit him so that's an option. My daughter is actually moving from Dallas Tx to San Diego in a couple month so I imagine we'll be spending more time in CA once she gets out there. (We're in Atlanta). She's looking forward to her move out there although not looking forward to the increase in the cost of living especially compared to Texas. But there is so much to do in CA. Hopefully, she'll stay for a few years and them come back to the east coast.

Thanks for the info.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
3. Re: one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

For seafood try passionfish . Other options are le normandie in pacific grove or 1833 in Monterey

San Diego is a wonderful city and I am sure your DD will enjoy it. You get what you pay for LOL

4. Re: one day visit to Carmel / Monterey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 16, 2014