We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 3
Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

Going to Carmel for two nights this week for my first trip and very excited. Would love love some feedback between Adobe Inn and Coachman's Inn. Both are closely rated on tripadvisor. Right now I have a lower level queen room at Adobe Inn versus a king room at Coachman's. Which inn is better? Thank you!!!!!!!!

reviews: 709
1. Re: Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

Adobe Inn looks very nice from the outside. They have a heated pool and dry sauna, also. We have enjoyed two very nice stays at the Normandy Inn which is in an excellent location. :).

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
2. Re: Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

I'm with SG...I like the Normandy Inn. Also, I really like the B&B's in Pacific Grove...

bedandbreakfast.com/pacific-grove-california…

Monterey Peninsula...
3. Re: Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

I have no firsthand experience with either of the lodgings in question, other than their exteriors.

Adobe Inn is on a corner lot near the SW corner of the business district. That's about all I know.

Coachman's Inn is a little closer to the village activity, and is situated so that it straddles the block. One end of the building and parking lot entrance faces San Carlos Street, while the other end of the building and parking lot exit faces Mission Street. It's sort of sandwiched between other buildings. This gives it a hidden, tucked away feel, which may feel cozy or confined depending on how you look at it. It's a block and a half south of Ocean Avenue, and a block and a half north of Sunset Center for the Performing Arts. (see http://www.sunsetcenter.org/ )

Both lodgings are within easy walking distance of many great restaurants.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 7:41 pm, December 22, 2012
4. Re: Please help -- Carmel Ca. Adobe Inn or Coachman's Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 24, 2013