We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Coast
reviews: 8
Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

Does anyone have a suggestion as to which one is he nicest place?

London, United...
reviews: 117
1. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

You should read some of the reviews at TripAdvisor's bread and butter review section:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32172-d248041-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32172-d113839-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32172-d73429-R…

For me it's got to be the Lobos Lodge but that might just be because I like the word Lobos.

;)

West Coast
2. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Have you stayed at Lobos?

London, United...
reviews: 117
3. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

No. Sorry. I was just being playful.

But check out the reviews, ratings and member photos. I bet one of the hotels will jump out at you.

Monterey Peninsula...
4. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

All of these lodgings have good reputations and you really can't go wrong with any of them. But there are some differences. Lobos Lodge is more modern in decor than the other properties. The other two reflect more traditional Carmel cozy styles. Normandy is right on Ocean Avenue at the western edge of the business district. Lobos Lodge is just a block away, slightly removed from the main street. The Country Inn is at the edge of a forested residential area, tucked into a small canyon near the NW corner of the business district. It is the quietest area.

If those factors don't sway you in any particular direction, either go with the best price or draw straws.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

We've stayed at a number of Inn's over the years in Carmel, and have stayed at the Normandy Inn and Country Inn. Both were very nice, we had a fireplace in the room, grounds were lovely, full of flowers.

You might flip a coin!

reviews: 716
6. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

We loved our stay at The Normandy last Fall. Very pretty rooms and in a prime location, right in the heart of downtown Carmel. We would not hesitate to stay there again. :)

Peoria, IL
reviews: 41
7. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

We stayed at the Lobos Lodge for 2 nights in October. Haven't stayed at the other two you inquired about but do know we'd return to the Lobos Lodge. Our room was large with a king bed separated by a living space including a couch and cozy fireplace. The bathroom was also large and accommodating. Outside our front door was a beautiful tiered garden area. Out the back was a nicely enclosed porch area with seating. Every morning at our time request, fresh pastries and juice were delivered to the room. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

It was about 4 blocks one way to the beach. Restaurants and shopping were just across the street.

We had a lovely time at the Lobos Lodge and truly enjoyed Carmel for all it's charm and beautiful beach.

Have a great time!

reviews: 716
8. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Lobos Lodge and in Carmel. We were there a few days ago and enjoyed shopping and some time at the beach. :)

West Coast
9. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

to be honest I had already checked out the reviews - I just wanted a comparison. I am going away with my teen daughter and I want it to be

"just right"!

West Coast
10. Re: Normandy Inn, Lobos Lodge or Country Inn in Carmel

Thanks. Was is clean and up to date?