We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
reviews: 93
Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

I've gone back and forth A MILLION times on trying to decide on our lodging in Carmel. I, at first, was ready to book the Cypress Inn, as we prefer places that have restaurants/bar, but I really want our room to have a king bed w/ a fireplace as we will be there in Feb. Lamplighter and Normandy offer better prices for those types of rooms. The trade off is no restaurant/bar, but that's ok.

I realize these are older properties, so everything won't be new, so by "nicer" I mean overall condition of rooms/bathrooms/furnishings and relatively clean and updated property.

I can get a much better rate at Normandy Inn and I can even book their 600 sq ft cottage suite for $14 less a night, but I'm willing to pay more at the Lamplighter if it's "nicer".

Thanks!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
11. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

My friends have returned and loved the Normandy Inn ... their room was a bit small, but the bed was very comfortable and the staff were fabulous .. they really enjoyed their stay there. I am sure you will too.

reviews: 708
12. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

We just stayed two nights in Room 321 and loved this room. We were shown a cottage and upstairs room before deciding on this room. I love the wall of windows that looked out to the pool and the location in the back which was very quiet and private. :)

Orlando
13. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

Thanks, Eagle! I appreciate the report back.

syrahgirl~~any pics?

Now to throw a bigger wrench into things, I'm now looking at Tickle Pink Inn. I originally *thought* I'd want to be close to town and with in walking distance of restaurants etc, but in planning out our trip in Carmel, I realized the majority of our time will be spent away from town (Point Lobos, Carmel Mission, drive Big Sur) and I just envisioned those quiet and stunning views to come back to in the evenings after dinner and to wake up to in the morning...

Only prob is we aren't going to be spending that much time in any room or inn. We are hit-the-ground-running type of travelers. Ack! I guess I'll have to see what kind of winter rates Tickle Pink offers.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
14. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

I always take the attitude that I want a comfortable bed and a hot shower .. and the room has to be clean, of course.

I'm not into ocean views etc .. because like you, I spend more time away from the room.

There are a few motels around the area .. so you won't have any problems getting one, unless of course, there's a festival or something like that on.

Monterey also has heaps of motels, especially along Munro Avenue.

Monterey Peninsula...
15. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

I still think you should stay in town, so you can have access to evening strolls around town, and a huge selection of restaurants and bars at hand.

Getting out of town to see the surrounding areas is easy, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Orlando
16. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

Well, the winter rates weren't tempting enough to change my reservation...

reviews: 708
17. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

Tickle Pink Inn is lovely, we have enjoyed celebrating special occasions there. The views are amazing from this property and they offer many nice amenities. :)

18. Re: Which is "nicer", Lamplighter Inn or Normandy Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 27, 2013