We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carmel rooms for family with adult children

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San antonio
reviews: 2
carmel rooms for family with adult children

Looking to stay two nights December 22 with my son, daughter-in-law and my daughter. They are all in their 20's. I am looking for a nice place that is not for couples only and that can handle three people in one room. Any suggestions??? We open to spending $$$-$$$$ for the rooms.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 9
1. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Try the newly remodeled/re-opened La Playa Hotel:

http://www.laplayahotel.com/

reviews: 785
2. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

The Highland's Inn is very nice with beautiful views and a great heated pool. The rooms are very spacious, also. :)

San antonio
3. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Thanks so much- my problem with La Playa is no fireplaces in the rooms. This seems to be a good time for one. Tickle Pink hotel will put rollaway in a king room.but not sure if that property would be appropriate. I will check out La Playa. We are also staying in Cambia. Which of the properties on Moonstone drive or in Cambria would you recommend?

San antonio
4. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Thanks so much will look into that INN.

5. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Fireside Inn in Cambria is nice. Also check out The Pelican Cove Inn there. Highland's has fireplaces, also. Tickle Pink is more couples oriented. :).

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 9
6. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the lodgings on Moonstone Beach Drive. With that being said, I think Moonstone Landing and the Sand Pebbles Inn have the better locations in relation to the shoreline. Both properties sit a little higher up and offer better views, although I'm not sure they have ocean facing rooms with double beds.

A good "in town" option would be Cambria Pines Lodge, which sits on 16 wooded acres and offers several suite type rooms.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 24
7. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Hi. I compiled this list of "Carmel lodging for families" some time ago. You might see is there is anything that will work for you. p.s. Sorry--I just tried the links and only one is still current. But if you go to the various inns' websites, you'll find the information on suites/family rooms. Sorry about that.

Monte Verde Inn (http://www.casadecarmel.com/cc_four.html)

and Carmel Village Inn (www.carmelvillageinn.com/Property/GuestRooms

/index.cfm?Room=Standard)

Colonial Terrace Inn has Colonial Suite, which accommodates up to 6 people:

thecolonialterrace.com/accommodations.html

Lamp Lighter Inn has a suite that accommodates 4 people--queen bed and two singles

www.carmellamplighter.com/accommodations.html

Vagabond's House Inn: Room 9 has two double beds.

http://www.vagabondshouseinn.com/rooms.html

Edited: 12:51 pm, October 03, 2012
San antonio
8. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Thanks to all who responded. I am sorry for the delayed response - life gets in the way of vacation planning.. We have reservations at Tickle Pink and La Playa and will make my decision soon. Thanks for your help.

9. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

La Playa has recently been remodeled. We have stayed there a few times before the remodel and loved our time there. Great swimming pool, beautiful grounds and walking distance to the ocean and downtown area. Have fun! :)

San antonio
10. Re: carmel rooms for family with adult children

Thanks so much for your help. We are going in the winter so the down side is there are no in room fireplaces. However,the location is great. I did try many of the ones suggested and the rooms which can hold three people are either booked or simply not available. Thanks again.