We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Carmel in February

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
reviews: 110
Downtown Carmel in February

Will shops/galleries/restaurants be operating normal hours during the week? Does the

same apply for Monterey? We arrive Tues eve and will depart for SF early Fri am and I hope we will be able to enjoy all the Carmel has to offer! We made the mistake, when vacationing in Curaçao, of touring Willemstad ( it's ONLY major city) on Sunday and everything was closed!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

yes they will be operating normal hours. Do they not operate normal hours in Orlando during Feb?

Orlando
2. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

Of course, belomiser, just as I assume SF is because they are larger cities.

Having a bad night?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
3. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

Just wondering why you you were comparing a Sunday in Curacao to a Tuesday through Friday in Monterey. I must say they have their priorities right though. Take Sunday off and relax and have a Siesta LOL

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
4. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

I understand why you are asking - a lot of beach towns close up outside the summer season - not in CA, but elsewhere. Not to worry though, Carmel and Monterey are year-round destinations. They aren't as busy in winter, but most things will be open.

Orlando
5. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

I only mentioned Curaçao because my lack of planning/ questions/assumptions cost me an opportunity to enjoy a small, yet very interesting city. I wasn't going to make that mistake again, and I only asked since winter is low season there. Many of our smaller coastal towns close a little earlier than during high season.

Orlando
6. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

That's exactly why I was asking, November. Thanks! I figured they would be year round but, again, was not going to make the mistake of making assumptions.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
7. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

During our rainy season, most of the TA regulars always suggest having Plans A and B especially along the coast. or if one plans to Golf there. While we do not have heavy rains most of the time, there are times that rain can cause mudslides along the winding Hwy 1. Other than that, you should be able to enjoy all that Monterey County has to offer.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
8. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

Everything will be open, but you should know that the shops in Carmel close at 6 pm. The restaurants will be open later, of course.

Orlando
9. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

If our plans to drive the coast get derailed, there's always wine tasting, no? ;-)

Thank you so much everyone!. Your help is greatly appreciated!

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
10. Re: Downtown Carmel in February

"If our plans to drive the coast get derailed, there's always wine tasting, no? ;-)"

That's the spirit!!!

You are driving up the coast, right? If the weather is stormy and you can't drive through Big Sur (you would take Hwy 101 instead, which is inland, but still reasonably scenic) you should definitely check out Point Lobos, which is a few miles south of Carmel. This will give you a feel for the Big Sur coastline and is a really neat park.