We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel with dog

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Carmel with dog

Hi Everyone I need your advise! We're planning a trip in November for 2 nights and would like a nice hotel near the water - with view even better- ($350 or under if possible) that will accept a small dog. I am also looking for restaurants that we can possible go to or wine bars that will also let us bring her with us. Is it possible to do a trip to Carmel for 2 nights with our dog and not be limited on things to do? We've been to Carmel twice for a couple of hours so we're looking forward to staying here. If not here... someone dog friendly by the ocean!

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: Carmel with dog

Carmel is a VERY dog friendly town, so you should have no problem finding dog friendly lodgings and restaurants (patio dining only).

Here's a link to help with your planning:

dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guide…

Keep in mind that there are no hotels right on the water in Carmel. Any lodgings that have rooms with a view will be from a distance.

Monterey Peninsula...
2. Re: Carmel with dog

There are quite a few places that allow pets in Carmel. I'm not sure how many are close to the ocean, since most lodgings are several blocks inland to begin with.

The most famous pet-friendly hotel is the Cypress Inn, owned by Doris Day (who is an advocate for pets). It's a beautiful Mediterranean style building from the 1920s. cypress-inn.com/carmel-hotel-pet-friendly.ht…

The Carmel Country Inn also advertises itself as pet friendly. It's kinda hidden in the forest at Dolores and 3rd, at the boundary between the business district and a residential neighborhood. A very calm and quiet setting about a quarter mile or so from the beach. carmelcountryinn.com/pet-friendly-carmel.html

There are others, but I don't have time to list them here. Room rates will vary considerably depending on the time of year. So what you can afford will depend on your travel dates.

Speaking dogs, here are the official city regulations regarding dogs in public places: …carmel.ca.us/carmel/…

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Carmel with dog

Thank you SO much for the Carmel Country Inn recommendation. That is perfect! Calm and quiet... BOOKED! Now... what are some awesome dog friendly restaurants & wine bars?

Limerick...
reviews: 93
4. Re: Carmel with dog

Take your dog to the beach at the bottom of Ocean Ave.

Steep walk but you can drive there.

Ample free parking in the AM.

Even Tiffanys put out a bowel of water for dog.

reviews: 714
5. Re: Carmel with dog

Your pet will be treated very well in Carmel! Check out PortaBella on Ocean Ave. for a nice meal with your pet. :)

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
6. Re: Carmel with dog

Basil and Casanova are 2 of our favorite restaurants with dog friendly patios. We also like Carmel Belle (3 dogs tables with leash hooks inside, more seating outside) and Pastries & Petals for breakfast/lunch/snack. All of the wine tasting rooms in town are dog friendly and you can take your dog to the Cheese Shop for cheese tasting. I don't think you can find a more dog friendly town.

Los Angeles...
7. Re: Carmel with dog

Thank you all so much. I am so excited about this trip! Every time we go somewhere we spend the majority of our time talking about how much we miss our dog, but here, she's more than welcome. Very exciting! Thank you ALL!

reviews: 714
8. Re: Carmel with dog

Don't miss spending some time at Terry's Lounge @ The Cypress Inn! Very pet-friendly venue with awesome food and drinks. :)

9. Re: Carmel with dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 22, 2013