We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Cove at Point Lobos

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
China Cove at Point Lobos

When we visited last August, we were not able to view China Cove. Can you tell me if it's re-opened? Also, can you post a picture or let me know how difficult the stairs are to get down to the beach? We'll be there at the end of September.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

It was open when we were there a couple of weeks ago. My GF tried going down the stairs a couple of years ago, but the wobbly rope stairs near the bottom were too unstable for her knees. We didn't bother checking this time around.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

Yup, I was there yesterday and today, it's finally open. I didn't go down the stairs this time, but last year some of the stairs were very wobbly, as DoubleD1969 mentioned. I'd guess they were fixed now. I may have a shot of the stairs somewhere, I'd have to dig for them.

3. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 15, 2013