We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Cove at Point Lobos

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
reviews: 8
China Cove at Point Lobos

When we visited last August, we were not able to view China Cove. Can you tell me if it's re-opened? Also, can you post a picture or let me know how difficult the stairs are to get down to the beach? We'll be there at the end of September.

New Jersey
reviews: 68
1. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

It was open when we were there a couple of weeks ago. My GF tried going down the stairs a couple of years ago, but the wobbly rope stairs near the bottom were too unstable for her knees. We didn't bother checking this time around.

Fresno, California
reviews: 4
2. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

Yup, I was there yesterday and today, it's finally open. I didn't go down the stairs this time, but last year some of the stairs were very wobbly, as DoubleD1969 mentioned. I'd guess they were fixed now. I may have a shot of the stairs somewhere, I'd have to dig for them.

3. Re: China Cove at Point Lobos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 15, 2013