We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
reviews: 60
Point lobos v 17 mile drive

We only have 3 or 4 hours to spare in carmel wich of these would be best to visit ?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Point Lobos for sure.

It is rich in scenery and sea life. The 17 mile drive goes along the coast with some nice views of the ocean, also of expensive houses and a couple of golf courses.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
2. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Yes, definitely Point Lobos.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
3. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Point Lobos is to savor. 17 miles drive you can drive through with stops. I hate for someone to be in some kind of a rush and try to enjoy Point Lobos. If you have not been to either, my suggestion would be 17 miles drive.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
4. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

I think 3-4 hours is good enough to check out Point Lobos without feeling rushed.

reviews: 723
5. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Pt.Lobos! Take a picnic lunch and your camera! :)

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 74
6. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

Yep, 3-4 hours at Point Lobos is a nice amount of time.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 28
7. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

If you really like golf AND the coastline, go on the 17 Mile drive...you go right by the Pebble Beach course, made famous by the PGA tournament. But, Pt. Lobos is truly a gem and just a special place all around and gets my vote.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
reviews: 35
8. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

We just returned 2 weeks ago and did both. Although both were fun, Point Lobos wins hands down for me. Since you are on a short schedule, start with the Cypress Trail. It's easy and offers tons of eye popping views. If you are interested and don't have any with you, you can borrow binoculars from the docent if you are willing to leave your keys with him or her as collateral. We did this and really enjoyed having the bins to look for wildlife.

9. Re: Point lobos v 17 mile drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 20, 2013