We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 53
Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

We have 1 night booked at the Normancy Inn, but we changed our itinery and will be in Carmel for 3 nights now.

Is one place nicer or better than the other? I realize that the Normancy Inn has a pool, which is nice, but we can get a room with a balcony at Lobos Lodge. Do any of the rooms have a balcony at the Normancy Inn?

Does anyone know if you can enjoy a glass of wine around the pool at the Normancy Inn? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Monterey Peninsula...
1. Re: Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

It's kind of a tossup. They're less than a block from each other, so location isn't a factor. The Normandy is more quaint and has some old time charm, which I personally prefer. Lobos is more modern. I've heard good things about both of them, though. However, if you're already booked at Normandy, and if they have available rooms for the extra two nights, you might as well stick with it.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Toronto
2. Re: Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

Thank you Mr. Toy. I tend to agree wtih you.

reviews: 735
3. Re: Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

We have stayed at The Normandy Inn and loved it! Our room was on the second floor with two walls of glass windows, one was overlooking the beautiful pool area with a fountain. Our room was very nicely appointed with cozy touches such as hand-painted china cups for coffee and beautiful paintings on the walls. The property is dotted with colorful flowers and they have a nice breakfast room there. Fresh pasteries, coffee, teas, juices are served there each morning.

We also loved the Sherry and homemade cookies set out in the lobby in the evening. For your money, you do receive some perks here. I also enjoyed relaxing by the pool which has high end lounge chairs and beautiful potted flowers set out. The staff was very friendly and the location cannot be beat.

Please report back after your stay there on how you like it and enjoy your time in Carmel! :)

Toronto
4. Re: Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

Again thank you for your replies. We are now booked with the Normancy Inn for three nights, and very much looking forward to it. I definitely will write a follow up . Three more weeks to wait.

5. Re: Normandy Inn or Lobos Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 22, 2013