We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
reviews: 1
good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Dont mean to be down on furry friends but I am allergic. In looking at so many of the b and b's in the area they all seem to say dog friendly. Any recommendations for b and b's that don't cater to dogs?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Carmel is a very dog friendly town, so even if you find lodging that doesn't allow them, you very well may encounter them at restaurants, the beach, etc.

Here's a link for Carmel by the Sea lodging:

www.seemonterey.com/hotels/motels-inns/…

There's a "pet friendly" option to the left of the hotels listed to help you narrow your search. I would start with Cobblestone Inn and Normandy Inn. I couldn't find any reference where they allow dogs.

Monterey Peninsula...
2. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

I'm pretty sure health regulations prohibit dogs from being indoors at restaurants. Dogs are only allowed at outdoor seating areas. Service dogs may be an exception to the indoor prohibition, though. What I'm trying to say is that you aren't likely to encounter dogs at indoor restaurants as Kibblesmom may have implied.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 1:39 am, July 04, 2012
Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Yes, I should have clarified that dining establishments that have outdoor patios may allow dogs. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

reviews: 721
4. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Normandy Inn is very nice , we loved our stay there last Fall. :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
5. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

Here are some places that list a no-pets policy on their website. I would recommend that you double-check with the inn about the no-pet policy before booking--just in case they've changed their policy. I'd hate for you to be miserable.

Lobos Lodge

Sandpiper Inn

Colonial Terrace Inn

Normandy Inn

Tally Ho Inn

Sea View Inn (not 100-percent certain about no pets--check with the inn)

Adobe Inn (also not 100-percent sure--check with inn)

6. Re: good place to stay that isn't dog friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:48 pm, July 09, 2013