We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike ride

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis
reviews: 29
Bike ride

We want to rent bikes while we are in Carmel. Who should we rent from and where are the best rides?

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bike ride

There are many bike rental companies, but not in Carmel, but Monterey. Adventures by the sea and bay bikes are the most often I seen. We have our own, so I haven't rented. There is a great bike trail that goes from Lover's Point in PG to waaaay out past seaside. the challenge is finding parking for more than 2 hours. We have done two different rides. Lover's point to past cannery row, and then Estero Park to Seaside area. My family loves to bike there!! Enjoy.

Monterey Peninsula...
2. Re: Bike ride

Bay Bikes has a shop about a mile and a half outside Carmel at The Barnyard. I think they do rentals there, but I'm not sure. They definitely do rentals from their Cannery Row shop in Monterey. www.baybikes.com/

Adventures By The Sea does bike rentals in downtown Monterey, Cannery Row, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach, but not Carmel. http://adventuresbythesea.com/

Both are reputable companies.

Just FYI, though, Carmel is not well suited to bicycle travel unless you like climbing hills. Ocean Avenue is particularly steep and can climb a couple hundred feet over 3 blocks or so. The streets are also uneven with occasional tree roots buckling the pavement. The shoreline areas of Carmel are better suited to walking, and sufficiently compact to easily see both beaches on foot without much difficulty.

The shoreline recreation trail in Monterey and Pacific Grove described by muffya is perfect for bicycling, though.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 6:23 pm, July 03, 2012
San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
3. Re: Bike ride

The coastal trail through Pacific Grove and Monterey is a terrific ride.

4. Re: Bike ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 05, 2013