We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bach Festival

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis
reviews: 29
Bach Festival

We will be visiting Carmel in July and want to take in the Bach Festival. My question is That I am trying to decide on the ' Baroque to Bluegreen' or the 'Music of the Dance' performances. Anyone have any input on which is better? Thanks for your help.

Monterey Peninsula...
1. Re: Bach Festival

The programs change from year to year. These are entirely new programs that have never been performed before, so nobody has any first-hand experience with them. If you go to the calendar page and click on a show title you'll bring up a detailed description of each performance which may help you decide. bachfestival.org/index.cfm/online_calendar.h…

If it were me, and I could only pick one, Baroque to Bluegrass (not Bluegreen) sounds most interesting, since I like all kinds of music. But the Dance program also sounds good, and I'd attend both if I could. Whichever you choose, be sure to attend the free pre-concert talk as they provide great background information on the music and instruments used in the performance.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Saint Louis
reviews: 29
2. Re: Bach Festival

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I can't go wrong with either night and I am so glad you mentioned attending the pre-concert talk as I hadn't really even noticed it. Now we will be sure to get there early for that.

Bay Area, CA
reviews: 2
3. Re: Bach Festival

If it were me, I'd pick the Baroque to Bluegrass, because I'd like to see Caterina Lichtenberg and Mike Marshall in person, and not just on youtube (check it out). Just a matter of personal taste.

Edited: 10:11 pm, July 03, 2012
4. Re: Bach Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, July 09, 2013