We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Blue River Resort

Which Rincon de La Vieja hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 7
Staying at Blue River Resort

Hi ... we will be staying at Blue River Resort for three nights. We include myself, my 5 month pregnant wife and our 3 yr old daughter. Do you have any advice on excursions or local activities we can partake. Given the family situation, zip lining/river tubing is out of the question. Wondering if Horse back riding is an option? Also, any recommendation on guided hiking tour to the waterfalls? Any other hiking trips you can recommend? We hope to make small hiking trips, e.g. 1 hr or so of hike each day.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Staying at Blue River Resort

Great area for any kind of hikes...but maybe good idea wait until you are there and see what ring the bells and will be nice and safe for the whole family!

roadadvisor

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
2. Re: Staying at Blue River Resort

That is a tough question. Activities on or close to property include swimming in the blue river a short walk down the road, botanical garden, hummingbird garden and koi pond, butterfly house, mud wrap and thermal sauna. I would not advise horseback riding as a safe activity for a pregnant woman. I think your wife had better talk to her doctor about the hot springs as well, although the resort also has cool pools.

In fact I am concerned that this resort, beautiful as it is, may not be a good choice for a pregnant mother with a toddler. I'd suggest you contact the hotel directly and talk to the manager about what activities could safely be enjoyed by the 3 of you. There is great hiking at Rincon but much of it is strenuous. Bird watching is a great alternative but not well-suited for the patience of a 3-year old. Not sure how to occupy 3 days particularly if you have to watch the 3-year old like a hawk the whole time. Sorry to not be more positive, but this is a very isolated resort.

guanacaste
reviews: 33
3. Re: Staying at Blue River Resort

The are only 2 official entrances for the park, Las Pailas and Santa Maria. Any other entrance is un authorized. Not recommended to enter to the park from any other entrance.

4. Re: Staying at Blue River Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, July 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de La Vieja