We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

California
Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

Hello! I have been up to Apple Hill in the Fall for all the apple festivities, but someone said that in the summer time, there are ranches that we can pick our own fresh blueberries.

Also, does anyone know where we could pick Royal Anne or Ranier Cherries?

Has anyone heard about this or can you advise me where I could research this topic?

Thanks,

Mona

San Francisco, CA
1. Re: Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

If you google Apple Hill it gives you a listing of all the growers in the area. It looks like Bolsters Hilltop Ranch & Winery offers pick your own blueberries through August. Hope this info helps.

California
2. Re: Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

Hi! Thanks for information! We did end up picking blueberries at Bolster's!! This was July 29th and the gal there said it was the last of the season; next weekend would close the blueberry picking!! It was fun; it would be a great activity for families with toddlers or young children! There was also a place to pick blackberries about a half mile away, which we did also.

We had a small ice chest with us to transport the berries home in which I highly recommend!

It was a pretty scenic drive up to Camino...we are looking forward to the apple season in two months!!

California
reviews: 12
3. Re: Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

You were able to pick blueberries with monkeypaws? Seriously, thanks for the tip. We live close enough to make it a day trip. I guess it would have been horribly hot to have gone any earlier in July. By the 29th things were more reasonable.

California
4. Re: Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

hahaha suzie-travels...not only can I pick blueberries with these monkeypaws, but I can type too!!

We picked a pound of blueberries and also bought a 2 pound bag from the refrigerator section at Bolster's. She said her bags was a mix of their own picked blueberries and some that she orders in.

We ate her's first as they were very ripe and delicious; however, it's now been a full week since we've been home, and the blueberries we picked out, while dark blue in color, are still not ready to eat, they very sour!!!

I don't know if I need to wait longer for these berries to ripen or because we picked end of the season berries....but they can't be eaten as is.... maybe I should be looking for a blueberry cobbler recipe for them and double up the sugar!

5. Re: Is there Blueberry Picking in Apple Hill, Camino, California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Camino