We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

Which Cambria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 23
Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

Hi. Going to try to get in an overnight trip to Cambria and Hearst Castle. Group would be my 84 year old Mom, my wonderful East Coast based sister, and my college aged daughter., and me. Was going to stay at the Best Western Cavalier in San Simeon (love the fact that they have fire pits right on the beach!), but wonder if Cambria is a better choice. Two places to stay there have caught my eye, Sand Pebbles and Fog Catcher. Prices are about the same at both. Any opinions on which is a better choice? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
reviews: 723
1. Re: Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

We love the location of Fog Catcher. Pelican Cove Inn is another nice one to consider. They offer a nice dessert buffet in the evening and wine and cheese reception in the afternoon. Have fun! :).

Socal
2. Re: Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

You aren't going to go wrong in either case. Note that the property in San Simeon is just a few miles up the road so the distances are not that great. If you really like that one, go ahead and take it!

We are big fans of the Sand Pebbles. I think the only dig is that some of their rooms are pretty tight in space. They have a great breakfast in the morning.

Edited: 6:29 pm, October 28, 2013
Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

Sand Pebbles is better located to the water line. I would go with an ocean front room if you can swing it. However, I feel that Moonstone Landing and Little Sur Inn offer a better view of the ocean and have patios or decks where you can sit out and enjoy the ocean views. Bear in mind that all the inns on Moonstone Beach Drive are across the street from the ocean with open space in between. You won't have that problem at the Cavalier if you have an ocean front room. It's pretty much instant beach access there.

Socal
4. Re: Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher

FWIW, Little Sur Inn doesn't have much of a breakfast selection, compared to the others. The rooms are nice, though.

Reply to: Sand Pebbles or Fog Catcher
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted