We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Which Burbank hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philiadelphia, Pa
reviews: 54
Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

I seem to remember, the last 2-3 times I few into BUR, noticing that one of the rental car companies has cars right there at the airport, and the rest have a shuttle for a site that's close, but not directly *at* the airport iteslf. Normally it's not a big deal, but I'm coming in next week and have a meeting that ends at 5:30 in Glendale, and a 7:25 flight, so this may be the time when those 10-15 minutes waiting for the shuttle make a difference. I want to say that it's Budget that's right there. Can anyone confirm?

13 replies to this topic
Philiadelphia, Pa
reviews: 54
11. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Thanks everyone! I thought that by posting in the more specific forum, I would get someone familiar with the specific area.

It worked out okay on the return, so no harm (except for some frustration). I'm still a huge TA fan and not giving up over one (let's give him/her the benefit if the doubt) misguided poster. I just wanted to report the correct info in case anyone else found the thread.

Headed back home to the cold... Brrr...

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 3
12. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Glad it all worked out.

Funny how so many of us apologized except the person who gave the bad advice. I guess we all apologized on his behalf.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
13. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Yes, always good to verify info you get here, even from well-intentioned, and well-informed, posters. I've rented from Avis, Hertz, Budget and Enterprise and, as OP says, only Avis, Hertz and National are on-site. All have rental counters inside the terminal and those that don't have cars on the airport grounds have shuttles. Many have rather early closing hours (e.g., 10:30-11 p.m.).

Edited: 3:46 pm, January 06, 2014
Reply to: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted