We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilshire to Burbank

Which Burbank hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 14
Wilshire to Burbank

I am staying on Wilshire near UCLA, and need to be at Burbank Airport at around 10am. Does anyone know the options besides a cab? I was hoping for reasonable/semi fast. From what I can see, taking a bus will take over 2 hours.

If I have a ride to Union Station, is it quicker from there?

Thanks in advance!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
1. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

I would try one of the shared van shuttle companies. www.primetimeshuttle.com or www.supershuttle.com These should be cheaper than a cab. But arriving at Burbank at around 10AM is going to entail driving during rush hour (assuming we are talking about a weekday) so there's not really any way to go that will be quick. By the way Google Maps recommended route on public transit is from Lindbrook Ave. and Westwood Blvd. on Metro Bus 761 towards Pacoima, exiting at Van Nuys Blvd. and Van Owen St., then bus 165 towards Burbank to the airport, which it estimates at around 90 minutes.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 72
2. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

I did the route from Westwood to Burbank Airport that MachThree suggests and it did take about 90 minutes. If somebody would drive you to Union Station, I'm guessing that's about 40-45 minutes. From there you can take Amtrak or Metrolink (if it's a weekday). If you caught Metrolink at 8:50 am, it would arrive at 9:15 am and you'd be in the terminal at 9:20, plenty of time for that small airport.

The best thing would be if you could switch your flight to LAX, which is must closer to UCLA.

Seattle
3. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

Thanks for your help. It is a Saturday morning, so traffic would not be an issue (i hope). For some reason I thought it was only about an hour on public transport.

How long is it to just drive, and which would be the best route on a Sat morning? I have a ride if I need one, was just hoping to spare them getting up that morning.

New York City, New...
reviews: 36
4. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

It is a 30 minute drive on Saturday morning. No need to be at BUR until 1 hour before your flight.

Seattle
5. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

Thanks again. Looks like family will have to get up, hangover or not :-). 30 minutes is much better than 2 hours! I would have booked out of LAX, but BUR flight was $39 compared to LAX at $150.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
6. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

Here's a map of the route:

http://tinyurl.com/3rddend

Basically, Wilshire blvd. west to 405 freeway north. Then take 101 freeway "south" (even though this means east along this stretch of the freeway). Merge onto 134 freeway east and eventually you'll head north on Hollywood Way to the airport.

United States
7. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

You can take the number 2 bus going up Westwood Blvd to Sunset Blvd, it takes about 25 mins to get to Hollywood High School. From there you have to walk a long long block up Highland to Hollywood Blvd, turn right and take the number 222 bus up to Burbank airport which takes another 25 minutes. You only have 13 minutes to spare between 1st and 2nd bus and it takes 8-10 minutes to walk up that hill but you'll be fine if you're a good walker and have light wheeled luggage.

You would leave Westwood on the number 2 bus at 7:05am and will be at Burbank airport at 8:15am. Then at the airport there is a walk across the street where you catch the airport shuttle to the terminals.

Well, there's a back-up plan for you anyway, if the family sleeps in.

Metro . net doesn't pull up this schedule, you have to search it as UCLA to Hollywood High, then another search Hollywood High to Burbank airport.

Edited: 6:43 pm, April 23, 2011
Seattle
8. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

That was really helpful from both of you. Looking forward to my 1st visit to the LA area.

9. Re: Wilshire to Burbank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 30, 2012