We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From LAX to Burbank

Which Burbank hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague
From LAX to Burbank

Hi everybody and thanks a lot for your help in advance.

My friends and me ar traveling from Europe to LA next week. We are accomodated in one of the airport hotels and then we need to get from there to Burbank to pick up our rental car. Could you tell me please the best way how to get there either by taxi or public transportation? We are four and everybody has his own luggage and quite a big one :-) And I must mention that we have never been in LA before... Lukas

Prague
1. Re: From LAX to Burbank

And I have to apologize for Spaming this forum. I didn't notice the topic under, but I think they have quite a different problem - they have a car, ve don't..

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
2. Re: From LAX to Burbank

The BEST way is by taxi but it will be expensive -- about $70. Transfer time: 40 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic. Request a LARGE taxi that will accommodate the 4 of you and your luggage.

Where are you going in Burbank? If it is to the downtown area (city centre) or to the Burbank Airport area, then you can get there by bus + train. Here's how:

1. From your LAX hotel, transfer to LAX.

2. Take the Union Station Flyaway Bus. This bus goes directly to Union (rail) station in downtown L.A. The fare is $6. You can meet the bus in front of any terminal at LAX on the traffic island in front of each terminal. Look for the GREEN overhead sign that says: "Flyaway Buses and Long Distance Vans". Be sure to get on the correct Flyaway bus -- there are 3 different ones. You want the one to UNOON STATION.

The ride is 30 to 45 minutes, depending on traffic.

3. The bus will drop you at the bus plaza behind the station. Enter the station and take either an Amtrak or Metrolink train to Burbank. There are 2 stations in Burbank:

a. Downtown

b. Bob Hop Airport ("Burbank Airport").

The Amtrak trains stop at the Airport station

The Metrolink trains stop at both downtown Burbank as well as at the airport. Fares are between $4 and $7, depending in the day of the week, train company selected (amtrak or metrolink), and destination (downtown or airport).

Transfer time for the train is between 21 and 28 minutes.

Total transfer time (including waiting time) should be 75 to 90 minutes. Total transfer cost for the 4 of you: about $45

Of course, you could rent your car from LAX or just rent a car from LAX to Burbank and drop it there.

Prague
3. Re: From LAX to Burbank

We need to get to the burbank city hall.. I was looking for some ways on metro.com a I have found this:

Starting at CROWN PLAZA HOTEL - LAX

Ride Metro Local Line 42a ( DOWNTOWN LA - UNION STA) heading west

To: BROADWAY/11TH ST(NE corner) Ar: 09:02AM

Pay $1.25, Monthly Pass: $62.00, (EZ Pass accepted)

Ride Metro Local Line 094 (SYLMAR STATION) heading north

To: OLIVE AV/SAN FERNANDO BLVD(NW corner) Ar: 10:11AM

Pay $1.25, Monthly Pass: $62.00, (EZ Pass accepted)

Ending at BURBANK CITY HALL

What do you think about it? Shall we take it?

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
4. Re: From LAX to Burbank

There are pros and cons to using the route you've found. First, some of the disadvantages:

1. You'll have about a 7 minute walk from the hotel to the bus plaza (what metro.net calls the "LAX transit center"). It might be a little bit longer because there could be fences preventing you from walking directly to it which will make you walk around parking areas and buildings.

2. The 42a and the 94 metro buses are local, municipal buses which are intended for people looking to travel short distances without any luggage. There is no provision for luggage on these buses which stop frequently to let passengers on and off. There is no guarantee that you will have a seat for all (or even part) of your trip so you could find yourselves standing for 2 hours with your luggage at your feet with others crowded around you stepping over your luggage to get on and off the bus.

3. The local buses are notoriously behind schedule so even though the schedule says that the trip will take a little bit over 2 hours (plus the walking time to the LAX bus plaza) it will probably take a little bit longer.

4. The good news: This route is inexpensive -- just $2.50.

However, for just $9 or so more per person, you can do as I have suggested:

a. Take a free shuttle bus from your hotel to LAX. The bus has on-board storage for your luggage.

b. Transfer to the Union Station Flyaway Bus at LAX. This bus also has storage for your luggage and you are guaranteed a seat.

c. At Union Station, transfer to metrolink train to the downtown Burbank station. Be sure to specify "downtown Burbank" (btw, the 'downtown Burbank station is alphabetized under "D' for "downtown" on their schedule).

The train also has a place for storing your luggage (although larger suitcases might have to go on the floor or on the seat next to you but there will be plenty of empty seats and floor space for that) and you are guaranteed a seat.

It should take about an hour less than the metro buses and you and your suitcases will be resting comfortably.

It's up to you.

Prague
5. Re: From LAX to Burbank

Thanks a lot. I do it your way.. ;)

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
6. Re: From LAX to Burbank

Taking the Flyaway bus to Metrolink is definitely a good idea. Metro Line 94 in particular is very busy and will not be able to accommodate you and all your luggage.

If you decide you absolutely *must* travel to Burbank on public transport, taking the 42A to the 94 actually is *not* the "best" way to go. Let us know if this is the case and we can steer you towards other routes.

Prague
7. Re: From LAX to Burbank

Yes I MUST to get there,because I muust pick there up my car...

Santa Clarita...
reviews: 4
8. Re: From LAX to Burbank

Super Shuttle from LAX to Burbank is $63.00 for 4 people -- nearly $16 pp, plus tip.

9. Re: From LAX to Burbank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, December 13, 2009