We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Which Bodega Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roermond, The...
reviews: 67
Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Hi :)

I'm planning accomodation for our trip from Seattle to San Francisco. It's going pretty well, but I'm having a hard time finding something in Bodega Bay. According to the Lonely Planet I have there's 'a wide spread of options', but I seem unable to find them. On Tripadvisor I find reviews for only a few hotels, most of them out of our price range. Also Google doesn't help me much.

One accomodation that sounds like something we're looking for is Bodega Harbor Inn. However, their website hasn't been working for weeks and they didn't reply to my email.

I'm looking for quite simple clean accomodation mid-June, no more than $100 a night. It would be good if there's wi-fi available, private bathroom, and breakfast included or with restaurants closeby. Any suggestions near Bodega Bay (say within a 30-minute drive north, south, or east) would be very welcome too. If it's not on a great location, that's no problem, we'll only be staying for one night and we stay in plenty of nice places already :)

Thanks for your help!

13 replies to this topic
maine
reviews: 11
11. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Have you tried VRBO? We've got a cottage (with full kitchen) perched on a cliff over open ocean. There are no neighbors and it has beach access. It's $150 p/night but well worth it, in our opinion, for the privacy. It's about five miles north of Bodega Bay.

New York City, New...
reviews: 14
12. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

You should look at the specials the area hotels offer; not sure what time of the week you plan to be in the area, but sometimes there are great deals for the weekdays.

We will be staying at Fort Ross Lodge on our upcoming trip – they have a great special that we could not resist: “Reserve two nights and only pay for one. Offer valid: Sunday - Thursday, holidays excluded”

With this deal your daily average rate could be well under $100.00

They do not provide breakfast - which was not important for us – but you get in your room a microwave, coffee maker with coffee, small refrigerator, and a private patio with barbeque grill (includes charcoal).

And a great view.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
13. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

You do know that Fort Ross Lodge is further up the coast? About 23 miles, actually. We have stayed there several times because we used to have property in that area. I will warn you that there is *one* place for dinner, there, the Timber Cove Inn, a couple of miles north. However, the Inn is beautiful a soaring beamed lobby and the restaurant with views. There used to be a motel with a restaurant a couple of miles north of that but it has been closed every time we have passed it in the last 5 years.

And there is no grocery store, only a convenience and sandwich place across the road from the Lodge. So, if you plan to barbeque your dinner (we have done it, a great idea) then you will have to pick up your supplies before you leave Jenner. I would probably go into the Safeway at Guerneville, which is about 12 miles east of Jenner.

Yes, this place is isolated. You are in for a beautiful drive for about 8 or 10 miles above Jenner. The scenery rivals that of Big Sur. Enjoy your stay. This area of the Sonoma coast is one of my favorites.

Edited: 4:45 pm, April 25, 2013
Reply to: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted