We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Which Bodega Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roermond, The...
reviews: 67
Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Hi :)

I'm planning accomodation for our trip from Seattle to San Francisco. It's going pretty well, but I'm having a hard time finding something in Bodega Bay. According to the Lonely Planet I have there's 'a wide spread of options', but I seem unable to find them. On Tripadvisor I find reviews for only a few hotels, most of them out of our price range. Also Google doesn't help me much.

One accomodation that sounds like something we're looking for is Bodega Harbor Inn. However, their website hasn't been working for weeks and they didn't reply to my email.

I'm looking for quite simple clean accomodation mid-June, no more than $100 a night. It would be good if there's wi-fi available, private bathroom, and breakfast included or with restaurants closeby. Any suggestions near Bodega Bay (say within a 30-minute drive north, south, or east) would be very welcome too. If it's not on a great location, that's no problem, we'll only be staying for one night and we stay in plenty of nice places already :)

Thanks for your help!

13 replies to this topic
Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

I'd keep trying to contact the Bodega Harbor Inn. Their website hasn't been updated since 2009 regarding room rates but there have been TA reviews in the past few weeks. So they must still be in business.

Accommodations that reasonable are rare on the coast. For budget lodgings, you might try Guerneville, Sebastapol, or Santa Rosa. Occidental might work too.

Roermond, The...
2. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Thanks for your reply! Can you access the Harbor Inn website?

I'll check out accomodation in the other places you mentioned :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
3. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

>>I'm looking for quite simple clean accomodation mid-June, no more than $100 a night. It would be good if there's wi-fi available, private bathroom, and breakfast included or with restaurants closeby. <<

You will not find lodgings in this price range in Bodega Bay, even if he Harbor Inn is still viable. In fact, I doubt if you will find lodgings anywhere in the area at this price. Breakfast is not generally supplied, except in some cases a "continental breakfast" consisting of coffee and rolls.

I wonder where you are from if you are expecting breakfast, private bathroom and Wi-Fi for this price? Dream on. Lonely Planet is wrong to suggest that there is a wide range of accommodations in your price range.

Edited: 5:04 am, April 22, 2013
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
4. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

But here is the website for the Harbor Inn. They evidently have one small room with a double bed for $85.

http://www.bodegaharborinn.com/

Roermond, The...
5. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

@puter: I know the website, but for some reason it keeps giving me an error-message when I open it, no matter which computer or what browser I use. As I wrote, I haven't been able to open it for weeks.

I booked around 12 hotels/motels so far for our trip, and all (except in SF and Seattle) are below $100, and all include free wifi, at least a continental breakfast, and private bathroom. Some even come with a private kitchen and separate bedroom. So I don't think it's such an unreasonable expectation in general. Apparently it is uncommon to find something like this in the Bodega Bay area, which is clear to me now. Since it's not available, I have no issues paying a bit more. I actually found a very nice hotel in Occidental, as suggested by Supercilious.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
6. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

WEll, your experience in under $100 rooms when traveling and getting breakfast and free WiFi is better than mine. I had no errors on the Bodega Harbor Inn, when I accessed it. Didn't try to make a reservation, however. I know the area pretty well and have no knowledge of it. Try the Bodega Coast Inn. I have stayed there several times in the past and I like it, but I think their rates have caught up with the rest. No $100 deal anymore.

Good luck.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
7. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Occidental is a great choice. It's pretty close to the coast and the town has history and character. There are several good restaurants with the Union Hotel being a long time favorite with locals.

I too can access the Bodega Harbor Inn's website but as I mentioned, it seems that it hasn't been updated in 4 years?

I think that almost all accommodations these days offer free wifi, at least in our journeys. Lots offer the continental breakfast too although they are not always very impressive and we usually skip them especially if there are better options nearby.

Roermond, The...
8. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

It seemed like a nice town when I read about it :) I just made a reservation at the Occidental Hotel. Thanks!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
9. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

Great ! Be sure to have an Italian dinner at the Union Hotel, if they still have them. In the old days they served these huge meals beginning with minestrone, salad, and antipasto and..and...and.

As I remember, the Union Hotel and the Occidental Hotel had a restaurant rivalry going , but I notice that the Occidental Hotel has become really spiffed up. The Union Hotel restaurant is the most historic and has the most authentic atmosphere.

http://tinyurl.com/c5xbk9m

Are you going to try the zip line?

I was just typing to you a few minutes ago on your other thread, suggesting a way through Sonoma County to San Rafael. The reason I took you back north again for the 10 miles after Bodega Bay is so you would not miss Armstrong Grove Redwoods State Park at Guerneville. If you have already seen enough of old growth redwood parks in the north, then you can pick up the trip at Sebastopol, which is mentioned in the narrative. Just ask at the hotel how to get to Sebastopol. It is easy and a short distance.

Enjoy your trip.

Roermond, The...
10. Re: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay

With both of you recommending the Union Hotel for dinner, we should definitely try it :) I had a look at their website and also the reviews here, it certainly sounds like a good place!

I had to look up what a zipline is, but you mean something like this: http://sonomacanopytours.com/ ?

I think my boyfriend would love it, but waaaaaaaay too much adrenaline for me ;-)

Reply to: Accomodation in or near Bodega Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted