We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

Which Bodega Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe, NM
Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

I'll be in Bodega Bay for a few days in early May. What are fun activities for people who love nature, boating / kayaking, hiking, eating great food, dancing? Is there a place to rent kayaks? Eat Oysters? I'd love any suggestions

5 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

Bodega Bay is more of a sleepy fishing village than a place for the kinds of tourist activities that you describe, although it has very nice lodgings. It is on a bay, and the ocean is out past Bodega Head. As far as I know, there are no tourist activities in that area except for watching the ocean and maybe hiking some headlands.

For boating, kayaking you probably want to drive up the coast and then inland a little bit to the Russian River at Guerneville.

No fresh oysters grown in Bodega Bay...that is south in Tomales Bay.

I would not count on dancing or bar-hopping or, really, any night activity in Bodega Bay. You might want to change your location.

united states
reviews: 26
2. Re: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

tobyla, there are 2 good resources for you to find more detailed information...first try the Sonoma County Tourist board- www.sonomacounty.com ,and then www.russianrivertravel.com. Between the 2 you will find information for all sorts of activities in that area as well as contact information and hours of operation.

Healdsburg, CA
reviews: 16
3. Re: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

I've never done it, but there are some kayaking options around Bodega Bay; http://www.bodegabaykayak.com/.

Keep in mind, the water here is quite chilly.

Getaway adventures, which is a company we recommend a lot for guests for their local Healdsburg tour, also has a kayak tour out of Jenner, which is a little North of Bodega Bay, getawayadventures.com/tour/….

There are also plenty of hiking options. www.bahiker.com/northbayhikes/bodegahead.html

Rocklin, California
reviews: 19
4. Re: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

There are several places in BBj that offer BBQ oysters, one is the BoatHouse on the north end of town, and I'm not positive, but I think the restaurant at Spud Point might too at certain times (they have great clam chowders). It's an eat-outside or take it with you place and well rated. Taking a drive down through the town of Tomales and then around Tomales Bay will give you access to lots of oysters and a few kayak rentals, too.

On the west side of the bay, in additiion to Spud Point, go all the way around and up to Bodega Head - usually pretty windy, but great views and trails.

Also, if you're there on a Friday, I believe the Marine Lab on the west side past Westside campground is open for tours. I believe it's associated with Humboldt State College, if I remember right.

reviews: 707
5. Re: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?

The Duck Club at The Bodega Bay Lodge & Spa would be a very nice place to have dinner. :)

Reply to: Great things to do in Bodega Bay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted