We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at the Tides, Fort Ross, OR something else??? HELP

Which Bodega Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
reviews: 21
Inn at the Tides, Fort Ross, OR something else??? HELP

Looking for somewhere along the coast to spend the last leg of our vacation. will be 3 days & nights in the area, after coming from Tahoe & before heading home via SMF.

We do NOT want crowds, and want a relaxed pace, but some outdoor activity would be good. we have 2 older teens with us, but that does not mean we need tons of tourist attractions. We will probably have that in the mix during our stay at Tahoe. We would also consider fishing, if licenses are not too $$$. maybe even a day on horseback? we want laid back, but dont want to be in a place with NOTHING to do.

These two places seem nice and in good price range, (although Inn at the Tides doesn't get as good of reviews).

we are willing to consider another spot if it were a more scenic, and memorable use of our time.

we DO want something on the coast as we do not know when our next opportunity to see the Pacific will be,

Also, re: Sonoma/wine country, etc. we would be interested in the scenery, restaurants, etc. but since we have our kids, if we actually visit a vineyard, it will likely be only one...so a very large, educational, perhaps organic one would be nice. One of our kids is studying Agribusiness anyway.

OK...so with that in mind...any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!

Miller

2 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Inn at the Tides, Fort Ross, OR something else??? HELP

I answered this on your Sonoma County thread.

Edited: 9:50 pm, April 21, 2012
Rocklin, California
reviews: 19
2. Re: Inn at the Tides, Fort Ross, OR something else??? HELP

Ditto. but what kind of fishing? (I missed that in my other post). That, too, depends on when you're around. State does offer 1 day fishing licenses, and you you may be able to get licenses that cover a few days). I usually just do a one-day even though I live here, because I don't fish enough to make a yearly license worth it.

Reply to: Inn at the Tides, Fort Ross, OR something else??? HELP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted