We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAY #1: San Franisco to Bodega Bay

Which Bodega Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
flemington, nj
reviews: 17
DAY #1: San Franisco to Bodega Bay

I've read lots of the forums out there, thank you all, and they've brought me to this point ... (We're 3 Couples, in our 40's, who enjoy being outdoors & leisurely active.) Coming in from the east coast, we're landing SFO 2:30 PM Sun. May-27 Mem. Day Wknd, renting a car, and heading right out and up to Bodega Bay Lodge for our 1st nite (before heading inland for the next few days) ... Planning on taking Hwy-1 to jump-start that vacation feeling, GOOD IDEA ? ... Looking for a place to STOP#1: where we can eat a late lunch / early dinner and get into vacation mode - after we get out of the airport and/or city, preferably sooner than later (since we won't have eaten anything but airport snacks since 8:00AM PST), casual place, an outdoor area would be great, good food (preferably coastal cali cuisine), nice scenery or cali-vibe, don't want to stay too long, but looking forward to being out of the airport, plane & car for a bit ... And then looking for STOP#2: somewhere en-route to stop and pick up some snacks (let's say wine, cheese, fruit, and maybe some nice desserts) that we can enjoy when we arrive at Bodega Bay Lodge, where we'll unwind for the evening before crashing for the nite (after what's sure to be a tiring day of travel) ... In advance, thanks so much for your insight! And pls chime in on my forthcoming posts for DAY #2: Bodega Bay to Yountville, DAYS #6-7: Pt. Reyes, and DAY #8: Pt. Reyes to SFO

santa rosa, ca
11. Re: DAY #1: San Franisco to Bodega Bay

When you head over to Yountville on Hwy 12 (on Day 2), you might want to stop at Freestone and visit the Wildflour Bakery for some wood fired oven baked bread (all kinds). Visit www.wildflourbread.com for their store hours and address on the Bohemian Hwy.. Just down the Bohemian Hwy. is the cute town of Occidental, located in the middle of a redwood forest. They have some of the best restaurants (better than Bodega Bay, IMO). The Union Hotel Restaurant (Italian) is our favorite. There is also a zip lining tour thru the redwoods, in case anyone is interested. Hope you all enjoy your trip!

Rocklin, California
reviews: 20
12. Re: DAY #1: San Franisco to Bodega Bay

I'm assuming Puter's comment about 1 1/2 hr from Golden Gate means to Bodega Bay through Petaluma, not to Petaluma (unless I drive wayyyy too fast). And thanks, Puter, for telling about the Whole Foods - we always go in Lakeville Road, so have never seen it. A good option to Lucky's. They're going to want to eat dinner, not lunch after getting off plane, unless they eat in SF, so Sausalito or Tibuoron my choices. One good thing is that heading out of SF and to Bodega Bay, they will be going against the traffiic that's heading home, and the Petaluma/BB drive should be a snap. As someone said, many of the places will be closing at 5 or 6, so (if they ate on the plane), they may just want to wait and eat in Bodega Bay (Lucas Wharf or the Tides are good spots). Definitely NIck's or other places around Tomales for the Point Reyes end of their trip.

13. Re: DAY #1: San Franisco to Bodega Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, June 15, 2013