We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic drive between Las Vegas and San Diego

Melbourne, Australia
Scenic drive between Las Vegas and San Diego

Hi all,

We are travelling from Australia and will be driving between Las Vegas and San Diego on 21st January 2014, we were hoping to maybe take a more scenic detour via Hwy 18 - Rim of the World. Originally I was thinking to turn off near Barstow onto Hwy 247 then pick up Hwy 18 all the way to the 210. I do have to make a stop off in Buena Park and then head down San Diego. I have since found out that the weather at that time of year means that I would be needing snow chains around Big Bear. We will be driving a standard SUV. I have since revised this thought and are now thinking about turning off Hwy 15 and travelling along Hwy 138 to Hwy 18 and then coming into Hwy 210. I am wanting to know if this route will work. Google maps is suggesting that this will take approximately 6.5 hours. Can any one advise whether this would be the case or whether we would need to allow more time for this. I do need to be at Buena Park by about 4.30ish.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
1. Re: Scenic drive between Las Vegas and San Diego

Double posting.

Posted on your San Bernardino thread.

2. Re: Scenic drive between Las Vegas and San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, January 01, 2015