We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 16
Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

Ha ha hope that dosn't sound too dumb. My husband and I and our 3 teenagers want to go to California next year in June.

We're driving from LA to LAS Vegas and back again. I'd like to stop in Palm Springs for a night on the way there and Big Bear on the way back. Is it easy to drive there? I went to Yosemite in my 20's and it was my favourite place ever, I want my kids to experiance that kind of atmosphere without the travelling. Any bears or wildlife?, I think it would be nice to chill there after Vegas before the long flight home. What do you think, if there's any suggestions of places not to be missed, I'd love to hear your ideas. Thankyou

Sydney, Australia
31. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

thanks yoga, I don't remember saying I was upset about it lol, not upset about anything,very excited if anything!, will check out Malibu for a cuppa and some star spotting in my sunnys and hoody ;)

Sydney, Australia
32. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

will do brit.

33. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 31, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
34. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

I will be driving from las Vegas to big bear this December , could anyone advice any good sightseeing or anything interesting in the way down to big bear lake ? As it a long journey I would like some interesting stop over on the way down

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
35. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

Its not all that far from Vegas to Big Bear if you go the back way.Take Hwy 247 at Barstow, then Hwy 18 up the back side of the mountain.

Not much to see along the way, maybe the roller coaster at Primm, Calico ghost town, or the Route 66 museum in Barstow.

http://route66museum.org

Edited: 12:55 pm, October 02, 2011
Big Bear Lake...
36. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

Yes, there are bears in Big Bear Lake, CA. We live in upper Moonridge near Bear Mountain ski resort and just had three bears in our front yard last night. A mother, a large cub and a smaller cub. It's not the first time bears have been in our yard.

Edited: 11:32 am, October 10, 2011
37. Re: Are there any Bears in Big Bear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 28, 2012