We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

Which Beverly Hills hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, UK
reviews: 14
Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

We are staying at The Peninsula for 4 nights in July and would appreciate any recommendations for dinner in the vicinity. We will have our 6 year old daughter with us who is well behaved in restaurants. I'd love to try a few of the more 'famous' venues that the stars seem to frequent but have no idea what is in the area. We love all types of food!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 57
1. Re: Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

You know your child best. In general, even if well behaved I'm not sure I'd bring a 6-year old to some of places I'll mention below, but I'll leave it to you to decide. I've also tried to point out some places that I'd not have as much hesitation about bringing a young child.

There's no shortage of good restaurants in the area. The more well known ones would include Wolfgang Puck's Cut Steakhouse, and The BLVD, both in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel (famous for its use in the movie Pretty Woman), and Wolfgang Puck's Spago. Others of note include Bouchon, Il Pastaio, Crustacean, The Grill On The Alley and Mastro's. And, there's Belvedere in your hotel which is very good. For places that would tend to be more kid-friendly but generally not as fancy, in that area I would look at Il Fornaio, Cheesecake Factory, Jack 'n Jill of Beverly Hills, or The Farm of Beverly Hills.

A bit further away...

The Ivy on Robertson Blvd. - doing lunch at the Ivy is an almost cliche` way to try and spot celebrities.

Craft is one of the better restaurants in LA and is in the adjacent Century City area.

An assortment of restaurants on Beverly Drive south of the "golden triangle" area, such as Ruth's Chris, Chin Chin, and others.

And an assortment of restaurants along "restaurant row" on La Cienega Blvd., plus the surrounding streets - this is all at the east end of Beverly Hills or just outside of Beverly Hills. Restaurants here would include Lawry's The Prime Rib, Fogo de Chao, Koi, Ago, Fig & Olive, and others. Options that are more kid-friendly would include PF Chang's or the Grande Lux Cafe.

Edited: 10:19 am, April 15, 2013
Surrey, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

Thank you so much for the tips.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
3. Re: Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

Grande Lux Cafe just closed!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 338
4. Re: Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

You are just as likely to see stars at Nate 'n Al's Deli as you are at Spago. Dan Tana's is a spot I see a lot of Hollywood people, so is Mr Chow. Craft in Century City is popular and Hinoki & The Bird is very hot in celeb circles right now.

5. Re: Bev. Hills restaurants suitable for well behaved 6 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 18, 2014