We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA to Yosemite with 3 kids, orchards, farms , fun for kids?

Which Bakersfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
reviews: 1
LA to Yosemite with 3 kids, orchards, farms , fun for kids?

Hi, we are driving from LA to Yosemite next week and are interested in maybe stopping at some orchards to have the kids pick some fruit. Maybe also some farms to buy cheese, etc. We are allowing 2 days to split the drive. I've read that the Bakersfield area is pretty nice but we don't necessarily have to limit ourselves to just Bakersfield. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Our kids are ages 2, 6, and 9. We also want to avoid museums since we will be doing that in San Francisco.

12 replies to this topic
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 817
11. Re: LA to Yosemite with 3 kids, orchards, farms , fun for kids?

I've been to Murray Family Farms on Hwy 58, mentioned in posts #4 and #8. It will be a bit out of your way but not much I think. Maybe 10 miles off Hwy 99?

I bet your kids would love it there - super family friendly and lots of fun things to do. It's a nice stop for adults as well :-)

You may also be interested in this place that protects injured animals:

http://calmzoo.org/

Bakersfield has for years borne the brunt of comments and jokes from people who live elsewhere, but it's a city of over 300,000 people so you know there is a lot more to it than some folks think!

It will be hot in the Central Valley.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
12. Re: LA to Yosemite with 3 kids, orchards, farms , fun for kids?

Call ahead for you - pick places to make sure they have fruit to pick. Because of the drought, some places are prioritizing production over the you - pick stuff.

Reply to: LA to Yosemite with 3 kids, orchards, farms , fun for kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted