We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

Which Bakersfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rolla, Missouri
Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

I'm traveling in to Bakersfield on Thursday, 31 January, to see an ill relative who's currently in Bakersfield Memorial Hospital. I'll be staying for about a month and am looking for an extended stay hotel in a safe area that's reasonably close to the hospital. I'll have a rental car but may need to use public transport from time to time as I'll be sharing the vehicle with someone. Are any of the hotels at the following locations in a safe area:

3318 California Avenue

3600 Chester Lane

6141 Knudsen Drive

If not, do you have any other recommendations? Is the public transport (GET) safe and easy to use?

Edited: 8:21 pm, January 27, 2013
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
1. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

Nice hospital....I have some friends that work right there.

I am not at all familiar with the hotel choices but I have one recommendation for you.

Try contacting the hospital and explain the situation to them. I guarantee you are not the first person to have this situation come up.

They should provide you with a close-by hotel and probably be able to arrange a favorable rate for you also.

It's also very likely that they may be able to arrange transportation for you.

Good luck to you and speedy recovery to your family.

Dr. Z

Edited: 8:41 pm, January 27, 2013
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
2. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

I agree.

Most hospitals employ a Social Worker who deals with questions like yours, among their other duties. When I have needed to deal with them I have found them extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

one more thing..... I was able to dredge up the phone number for you. One less thing for you to worry about.

(661) 327-4647

Dr. Z

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
4. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

Memorial Hospital isn't really near any hotels and the neighborhood isn't that great, but the hotels you listed are all in okay areas of town and close to lots of restaurant choices. I would probably go with either the one on California or the one on Knudsen Ave.

I can't comment of the current state of the bus system. It's been over 35 years since I rode a GET bus.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 11
5. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

The first hotel on your list has a promotion going if your staying several nights > http://flsave.com/espromo

Rolla, Missouri
6. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

Thanks for all the replies. I'll contact the hospital tomorrow for suggested accommodations before I make a decision.

7. Re: Extended Stay Hotel in a Safe Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 17, 2014