We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

Which Bakersfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington...
Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

We will be in the Bakersfield area Oct 1-2. Is the Crystal Palace the only place for C & W music/shows? It looks as if Saturday night is the only night they have entertainment. Does anyone know if there are shows other nights - or suggest other places. We love Branson with their variety of C & W music - was hoping to find a bit of the same.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

troutsblackboard.com/index_files/History.htm

The following link shows some of the other venues for Country Western Music in Bakersfield. I don't know how old it is, so be sure to contact each club to see if they are still open and what their schedules are.

www.rockabillyhall.com/bakersfield.html

Bakersfield, CA
reviews: 30
2. Re: Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

The Crystal Palace is closed Mondays, but has live music pretty much every other night of the week. Sometimes on the weekends they have concerts for an extra fee, so check their schedule to see if you'll need tickets. They are going to be the most "showy" place, and a unique venue if you are country music fan. The place is like a mini museum for Buck Owens. It's worth checking out. http://www.buckowens.com/concerts.html

Trouts is a legend in Bakersfield. Nothing fancy like Buck Owens, but it's been around forever. The crowds change over the years, sometimes it's a bit of a scary place. I haven't been there in years so I can't tell you what it's looking like these days, but they generally have live music. It's definitely an experience!

Ethel's Old Corral is also a fun little place. You can tie up your horses out front. :) I think they have live music on the weekends. You can find them on Facebook for more info.

You'll be here the last weekend of our county fair. All concerts are free with fair admission, and there might be something there you like. I haven't seen the entertainment lineup yet, but google the kern county fair website for more info.

Those are some of highlights, but you should have plenty of options in town, especially Saturday. Have fun!

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

dotfurio1

I have a friend who dances at Trouts at least once a week and, believe me, he would not go there if it was still a scary place. I asked him about it recently and he said Trouts is a 180 of what it used to be, so should be fine to check out. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I thought it was still an unsavory venue. I worked on that side of town for 4 years and I know what that NOR crowd can be like, lol!

Fresno, California
4. Re: Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

dotfurio1 mentioned the fair. I understand Oct 1 is Kellie Pickler in concert, free with the fair admission.

5. Re: Country Music Entertainment in Bakersfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, June 13, 2013