We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakersfield and Mission hotels

Which Bakersfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuta, Indonesia
Bakersfield and Mission hotels

Scanning Google earth street view looking for the Padre, and to my surprise, the Padres' over. I did see a couple that looked to be operational. Was looking for something dirt cheap for a month near Greyhound, while i look for an apartment. The Bakersfield Hotel, and the Mission hotel, and any others in that area.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
reviews: 41
11. Re: Bakersfield and Mission hotels

criss, you need to clarify, are you looking for 1) a Motel 6 type place or 2) a bedbug and cockroach infested dump filled with drug addicts, drunks, partyers, & hookers so you can save $5 a night?

The second kind of place is called, in the U.S., SRO or "single resident occupancy." It's often a place where people are located by government or social service agencies when they graduate from a homeless shelter. They are hotels in name only, as dotfurio said, and the residents aren't tourists. They are often parolees, addicts, alcoholics, and others who have issues that can detract from the environment for legitimate visitors.

Motel 6's close to freeway exits attract the tourist class of people, while some in the central cities do get long-term residents. But I have stayed in Motel 6's all over the U.S. and have never seen a bedbug.

Kuta, Indonesia
12. Re: Bakersfield and Mission hotels

The cheapest available, and once you get past the bedbug blood excrement and oh yea, wall tag with the roaches at 6am, not to mention the daily drama, and i do mean daily, life is good. Union street is where i need to go, right? Ill just google earth, and take a look around.

13. Re: Bakersfield and Mission hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:43 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bakersfield