We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privacy at VIM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pocatello, Idaho
Privacy at VIM

I am going to ask this as gracefully as possible, I hope someone gets the drift and is able to help! Are there any areas outdoors on the resort where a couple could go and not be bothered for a while? Thanks in advance!

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 8
1. Re: Privacy at VIM

LOL! If you walk down the beach in either direction I'd say yes. it's at your own risk though as it's illegal in Mexico to have indecent exposure.

Pocatello, Idaho
2. Re: Privacy at VIM

Thank you! Indecent exposure is probably the least of my worries in reality. My hubby is very anti-PDA- we'll probably find a nice secluded spot and hold hands. ;-)

Denver, CO
reviews: 27
3. Re: Privacy at VIM

Go to the deserted beach. You can access it between buildings 11 and 12. There are 15 palapas and I've never seen more than about 1/2 of them in use. The beach is large so you have plenty of space. Grab the corners and its like being on your own deserted beach.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
4. Re: Privacy at VIM

Just to clarify Goodsprkr's suggestion - there's a "quiet" beach with its own bartender that you can access between buildings 11 and 12 but if you go even further south, there's a beach that's even quieter and, well, deserted.

However, I'm not sure that this will be secluded enough for what I think the OP has in mind because you still get the passing traffic of anyone walking to/from the Grand Mayan or points further south.

Your best bet is hoping that you don't have neighbours and can make use of your own balcony, after dark (unscrew the light bulb). Either that or spring for a Diamond or Imperial suite - those huge decks have some "private" areas.

Texas
reviews: 12
5. Re: Privacy at VIM

Llisa, you crack me up! The tip about unscrewing the light bulb makes me think you have experience in this area. :)

Wisconsin
reviews: 15
6. Re: Privacy at VIM

"get a room". Oh yeah, you already have one!

Ays08
reviews: 9
7. Re: Privacy at VIM

This thread is hilarious!

Knox, Indiana
8. Re: Privacy at VIM

Yes it is Hilarious!!! LOL :-)))))

Keller, Texas
9. Re: Privacy at VIM

And here I thought the unscrewing of the light bulbs was due to an aggressive moth population. Completely gives a whole other meaning to hearing the sounds of the local wildlife.

Edited: 7:26 pm, April 25, 2013
Buffalo, NY
reviews: 8
10. Re: Privacy at VIM

If you think this one is hilarious- look on the Playa Mujeres board- for a post on EPM. It's WAY worse than this! LOL!

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto