We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backcountry Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park from Ottawa

Which Algonquin Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
Backcountry Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park from Ottawa

Hi,

I'm in need of help to plan a canoe trip at Algonquin park!

I am looking to do 4 days-3 night trip. Would love to not have to do any portage but having to do a bit would be fine.

Please let me know what routes you would suggest.. which access points. where to camp.. etc

Any info would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time organising a backcountry canoe trip myself. ( I have been on backcountry trips years ago but can not recall where we went exactly ).

Thank you!!

12 replies to this topic
West Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park
reviews: 86
11. Re: Backcountry Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park from Ottawa

Rena,

First of all your post is a little off topic and you should start a new post.

That being said there are 3 upscale lodges in Algonquin Park, Arowhon Pines, Killarney Lodge and Bartlett Lodge. Start by reading the many reviews on Tripadvisor for each lodge as well as each lodge's restaurant. Each Lodge is for lack of a better word rustic and the accomodations are rustic and not those you would find in an upscale hotel. On the other hand each serves high qulity and to a certain extent gourmet meals.

I have been to Arowhon Pines, but not the others. As far as which is most impressive that is very subjective. Each has there own following and long time repeat visitors.

Toronto
12. Re: Backcountry Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park from Ottawa

Angeline562, the OP was asking in May so her trip may well be done by now, and even if not, she was asking for advice on a backcountry trip, so frontcountry activities like interpretive trails and museums and accommodations like Killarney Lodge are not relevant to the question.

And rena_martinez21, I know thorntree's said this already but if you have a question about Algonquin post it as a new thread on the Algonquin forum, don't tack it onto an existing thread on a different topic.

Reply to: Backcountry Canoe Trip in Algonquin Park from Ottawa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted