We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

Which Algonquin Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
reviews: 103
Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

We are attending a wedding at the Algonquin Eco Lodge this summer but would like to stay at a bigger lodge or hotel nearby. What would be the closest community or accommodations to the park entrance to the Eco Lodge?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
1. Re: Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

Hi;

According to their website, the closest town is Huntsville, approx. 25 miles / 40 km from the west entrance to Algonquin.

ontariooutdoor.com/en/…

For Huntsville hotels, B&B’s and specialty lodging, have a look here on TA;

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g181752-Huntsville_Mu…

Best Regards

London, Canada
reviews: 103
2. Re: Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

Huntsville, eh?? That's surprising. The map I was using made it seem as if Huntsville was a little far.

Okay, there are lots of hotel/resort options there. I'll start checking them out.

Thanks a lot!!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
3. Re: Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

Hi;

I don’t mean to mislead you, but their information contradicts one another. The site that I gave you states Hunstville, but their map shows that they are located outside the southeast tip of Algonquin Park, close to Bancroft.

http://www.algonquinecolodge.com/maps.html

One part says “deep in the woods of Algonquin Park” but the map shows them as outside of the park.

Perhaps you should call them directly. (800) 776-9453

Best Regards

Toronto
reviews: 10
4. Re: Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

Hi,

I am the owner of the Eco-Lodge, so am familiar with it's location! We are on the very south east corner of the Park, about 100 metres outside the political boundary, and deep in the woods. We are 2 hours away from Huntsville. The nearest big town is Bancroft or Haliburton (45 minutes), and the nearest village is Maynooth (15 minutes).

Our map on our website is correct, but the location shown on other travel websites is quite often incorrect as they use the biggest airport coordinates. Our exact GPS positioning is given on our website, which links into Google Maps.

5. Re: Accommodations near the Algonquin Eco-Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, September 25, 2009