We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Which Nafplio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Arriving in Athens airport on Oct 27 around 1:00 pm, picking up a car and driving to Nafplio for a 3 night stay. Planning on stoping here and wondering how much time to allow for sightseeing. I'm also trying to figure out if stopping at Ancient Mycenae is doable in the same afternoon drive. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
reviews: 39
1. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

The canal can easily be seen from the parking lot although you can probalby spend more in depth time there if you wish.

Ancient Corinth can be done in an hour as it is a fialry small site. However you need to check opening times as sometimes in the off season the sites close at 3.

What you might cvonsider is a day trip from Naflion and Visit Myceane Ancient Corinth Ancient Nemia ( a sister city to Olympia) right on the outskirts of Corinth and perhaps evern Acrocorinth.

Alternatively you could do this day if you leave early the day you want to head back to Athens.

Here are some images

This is a Naflion album but it will open on some images of the other sites you are interested in.

travel.webshots.com/album/551991579dJbWvh…

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
2. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Hi,

Epidavros is nearby.

Further afield is the Ancient Theatre at Megalopolis and just to the north is the Temple of Bassae near the small town of Andritsena.

Edited: 2:39 pm, September 05, 2012
Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 3
3. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

There are so many places to see in and near Nafplio, it really depends on what you like to see/do and how much time you prefer just to sit and soak up the atmosphere. This site will give you some ideas: http://www.visitnafplio.com

Austin, TX
4. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

I don't really know. I've never been to Greece and I haven't traveled much. I'm thinking that we will just see how we feel on the drive to Nafphlio and how we feel once we get there. It looks like a lovely city..can't wait!

Austin, TX
5. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Nanaimo, thanks so much for sharing your pictures! They are lovely ... now I really am going to start counting the days until I get there!

Austin, TX
6. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

AjarnAndy, I am planning on seeing Epidavros and surrounding area on our way back to Athens...we plan to drive up the coast and see what there is to see. Would I find Ancient Theatre at Megalopolis andthe Temple of Bassae along that route?.

Austin, TX
7. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

stanbr, sorry I got your name wrong...new to this posting and got a little confused. Still love your pictures!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
reviews: 39
8. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Hi Texas no problem. Enjoy your visit to Nafplion,it is probably one of the prettiest city anywhere in Greece.

Australia
reviews: 24
9. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

Stanbr... what fabulous photos!!

Texasbabe... I hope you come back and do a trip report cos I'm planning a trip with my sister for Oct '13 starting with hiring a car in Athens and driving to the Peloponnese. Have a great trip.

wiltshire
10. Re: How much time to spend in ancient Corinth and Canel

The Canal is amazing, and if you are tight time wise just to stand on the bridge for 10 minutes is a great experience. Very close by on the west side of the canal is Goodies a fast food outlet and in there they have a great display with large panels giving a brief history of the area and the building of the canal with some great period pictures.

Enjoy