We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plakias prices

Which Plakias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 3
Plakias prices

Any regular visitors to Plakias know whether the prices have gone up significantly this year? We went last year, loved it so much we're going again, but in light of all that's happened financially in Greece this year, we wondered whether we need to take more money in case things have gone up. Would love to hear from anyone who's been this summer what we should expect.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 51
11. Re: Plakias prices

Thanks for the update Jools and glad to hear you had such a great time. I stayed at the Dora on my last trip and really enjoyed it. It was quiet and peaceful but you had the advantage of being able to use the pool and bar at the Kostas Chrysoulla.

Pleased to hear that Plakias continues to be good value for money. I'll be eating at some of those tavernas in 2 weeks time :-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 51
12. Re: Plakias prices

Recently returned from a week in Plakias and didn't find prices had changed much since my last trip which was 2 years ago. You can still get a glass of wine for one euro at Muses which is excellent value for money. Dinner for 2 including 2 starters, 2 mains and drinks ranged from 25-35 euros depending what we had. I ate out on my own one night as my OH was ill and a small tuna salad starter, baked pasta main and a glass of wine was 10 euros - you wouldn't be able to get it for that price in the UK. Complimentary raki and a small dessert or fruit were offered after every meal, it's just a shame that I don't like raki!

Edited: 8:47 am, October 08, 2011
Scotland
reviews: 41
13. Re: Plakias prices

i have also just returned. in my view the restaurants have upped their prices a bit but nothing compared to the increases in the supermarkets. The price of metaxa - wow!

Anyway I still love Plakias and overall still great food and good value.

Essex
reviews: 22
14. Re: Plakias prices

Oh dear ! How much is metaxa now ! Its my fave brandy !!

Scotland
15. Re: Plakias prices

37.80 euro for 2 litre bottle. i'm sure it has more than doubled in a couple of years.

Essex
reviews: 22
16. Re: Plakias prices

Ouch ! Will be putting in some overtime at work then to boost the coffers !! But coming home without a bottle of metaxa is unthinkable !!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
reviews: 39
17. Re: Plakias prices

We noticed the price increase of spirits this summer as well. On Naxos we visited the kitron factory and remarked how the prices had increased and were told that is a direct result of tax increases. In Canada we call that SIN taxes which are fair game to governments. Have to raise tax revenues somehow.

Anyway its not the supermarkets who have increased prices.

Scotland
18. Re: Plakias prices

Sorry, I appreciate it is a tax increase and I didn't mean to blame the supermarkets. It's just that it was more noticable there compared to the tavernas. Didn't stop me bringing back my winter stock of 6 litres!

19. Re: Plakias prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Plakias