We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Kampala, Uganda
Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Hi, I recently arrived in Uganda and really want to go on a gorilla trek but so far trying to organise this as a solo traveller has been tricky and expensive. If any groups are going who would be happy to have me tag along, or if anyone is in a similar situation and wants to form a group, please let me know!

Thanks,

Becca

9 replies to this topic
Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 2
1. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

I know 1 person going tomorrow are still interested??

Kampala
reviews: 14
2. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Which dates are you looking at?

November is around the corner, You can purchase a gorilla permit that goes for 350 USD and organize your own accommodation and may be use public transport.

Kampala, Uganda
3. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Sorry Brovad safaris, I didn't see your post but wouldn't have been able to go anyway, but thank you.

Thanks for the tip, ugandasafaris - I'll look into this! Does buying a permit also get you a guide? I'm looking to go over a weekend.

Kampala
4. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Gorilla Permit fee include;

Park entry fees and Game ranger fee. So no need to hire a guide if you can make it to the trekking point on your own.

Kisoro gorilla groups can be accessed easily by public transport as compared to Buhoma. From Kisoro town you will hire a private car to take you to either Rushaga or Nkuringo depending on the gorilla group you will be assigned to.

You may take a motor bike but the road is not good especially when it has rained.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 11
5. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Becca, I have 2 friends looking to join with others. One is having a trip from 17th to 21st Nov and the other is looking to travel from 22nd to 24th December. If you are still looking to join a group, they are interested. Please PM me

Kampala
6. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

We at AAB Tours and Travel have a 3 days group for gorilla trekking setting off from Kampala on 17th, trekking on 18th and returning on 19th November 2013. Anyone can join. Write to; info@aabtoursandtravel.com or call: +256 755 700 700 and you will be helped

Shanghai, China
reviews: 1
7. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

Hi, I will arrive Kampala alone in Nov.17th and I want to seek a group to join for a 3 or 4 days tour start from 18th. Is there any group available for me to join?

Edited: 8:11 am, November 11, 2013
Kampala
8. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

If you are looking for agroup to join, contact AUTO. They will help you to get a group to join

Kampala
9. Re: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted

AAB Tours and Travel has a 3-day gorilla trip to Bwindi. The trip starts on 17th, tracking on 18th and return to Kampala on 19th Nov. 2013. Three guests confirmed so far. You may join this one if you arrive on 16th or very early on 17th Nov.

Reply to: Gorilla trek November/December - group wanted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted