We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Good Restaurants in Arkansas

Which Rogers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 32
Any Good Restaurants in Arkansas

Hello All, Will be in Rogers/Bentonville area in late July for a bike run. Does anyone have any information about local restaurants that are not chain restaurants. Also, is there anything that is a "must see" or "must do."

Thanks in advance,

Prize

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 238
1. Re: Any Good Restaurants in Arkansas

I will likely be criticized for recommending a place outside the two towns you mention but the restaurant which consistently wins the Arkansas Times poll as best restaurant in NW Arkansas and my personal favorite is James at the Mill, in Johnson, close to Fayetteville. Sit at the bar and gab with Miles James about food, wine, architecture etc and watch the action by the chefs. You might consider staying in his hotel, Inn at the Mill, next door, also really nice. The food is on the pricey side but you can get out for a reasonable amount if you want to avoid wine, appetizer, dessert etc, - but you would miss a lot by doing so. There are many other locally owned places which others will likely provide for you. If you are into art, while in Bentonville you might check out the temporary downtown quarters for Crystal Bridges, a museum under construction, funded by a Walton heir. When complete, it will proabably prove to be one of the most interesting museums in the country. Ms Walton has quietly amassed a much discussed art collection. The temp museum is small and in a historic building around the corner from the Walmart Museum, one of Sam's first stores. You might check out downtown Fayetteville if you have time. The farmers' market on the square on weekends and the Dickson Street Bookstore are a couple of my favorites.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 32
2. Re: Any Good Restaurants in Arkansas

Jimjade.....Thanks for the recommendations. It doesn't matter if the restaurant is pricey, as long as it is local food. I don't even know what is considered local. We are staying elsewhere, but thanks for that recommendation. Additionally, we are very interested in checking out the museum you mentioned.

Thanks for all the info,

Prize

3. Re: Any Good Restaurants in Arkansas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rogers