We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in the evening?

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weybridge
reviews: 4
What to wear in the evening?

Hi All,

Coming to Petra on Wednesday and am really excited. I can relate to the daytime temps out there at the moment, but the evenings seem considerably cooler. Is a shawl/pashima necessary or can I stay with bare arms.?

4 replies to this topic
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
reviews: 2
1. Re: What to wear in the evening?

We can't give you an answer to this - you are the only person who can say if you are cold or not!

But you would be unwise not to take something with you, a shawl, a sweater or light jacket. As you say, the temperature drops quickly when the sun goes down, and it really depends on the place you are and what you are doing if you need the extra or not. Don't forget that Petra is in the mountains, Dana is higher still, and Wadi Rum can also be chilly if you are out and exposed to the wind.

Petra - Wadi Musa...
reviews: 1
2. Re: What to wear in the evening?

At the moment, evenings here in Petra not hot and not cold.

(Summer clothes) loose cotton clothing, modest shorts...etc

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Petra
reviews: 12
3. Re: What to wear in the evening?

A few nights ago it was warm, tonight it's windy and colder so it's definitely good to bring some warmer clothes as well. Have a great time !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Edited: 1:46 pm, July 14, 2014
Weybridge
reviews: 4
4. Re: What to wear in the evening?

Many thanks to you all, you have confirmed what I thought, I will need "something" for the evening.

Very best wishes,

Karen

Reply to: What to wear in the evening?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted