We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan Visa

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cotabato City...
reviews: 114
Jordan Visa

Hi! I am going (alone) to Israel this October and i'm planning to have a 1 or 2 day/s trip to Petra by land from Jerusalem.

I read that Philippine (Filipino) National needs prior visa to Jordan as per jordan tourism board website.

visitjordan.com/visitjordan_cms/…Default.aspx

However, i've also read in many articles/forums that one may come to petra/jordan from Jerusalem(Israel) with out the need of visa.

<Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or at the crossing from Israel or Saudi Arabia, are granted a free visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa. > source: http://www.visitjordan.com/

I understand that visa requirement is based on one's passport but i am just hoping that some people and experts here may be able to shed light. Perhaps there are also other Filipinos who experienced crossing the border from Israel

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Cotabato City...
reviews: 114
11. Re: Jordan Visa

since i will have to pre-arrange my Visa before coming to Jordan from Jerusalem, what would be the better option then? I am going solo and i would like to try to take a bus from jerusalem. Any recommended Itinerary? I can spend 2 days and 1 night for a Petra and maybe nearby sights.

Should i go....Jerusalem---> Eilat--->>> and cross border and sleep in Petra ..would love to hear you guys...

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
reviews: 19
12. Re: Jordan Visa

border cross at Eilat near Aqaba Wadi Araba.very convenient and easy

if money is not an issue get a taxi to meet you on jordan side

drive to hotel in Petra .check Petrabedandbreakfast for the night.

buy a ticket for 2 days to visit Petra .

next day leave midday to drive to Wadi Rum for special experience and may be a jeeb ride.

If you have any question pls dnt hesitate to contact me

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

West Kelowna, Canada
13. Re: Jordan Visa

It will take about 4 or more hours to drive from Jerusalem to Elait. Let's say 1 hour to cross the boarder and then an other 2 hours to drive to Petra. Basically the whole day will be spent in travel.

It looks to me if you want to spend 2 full days in Petra you are looking at spending 3 nights there.

Reply to: Jordan Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted