We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan Visa

Which Petra - Wadi Musa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cotabato City...
reviews: 67
Jordan Visa

Hi! I am going (alone) to Israel this October and i'm planning to have a 1 or 2 day/s trip to Petra by land from Jerusalem.

I read that Philippine (Filipino) National needs prior visa to Jordan as per jordan tourism board website.

visitjordan.com/visitjordan_cms/…Default.aspx

However, i've also read in many articles/forums that one may come to petra/jordan from Jerusalem(Israel) with out the need of visa.

<Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or at the crossing from Israel or Saudi Arabia, are granted a free visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa. > source: http://www.visitjordan.com/

I understand that visa requirement is based on one's passport but i am just hoping that some people and experts here may be able to shed light. Perhaps there are also other Filipinos who experienced crossing the border from Israel

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Kamloops, Canada
reviews: 21
1. Re: Jordan Visa

themadtraveleronline.com/travel-tips/…

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
reviews: 4
2. Re: Jordan Visa

Post # 1 thanks for that link very useful info.

Narellaano A Filippino national dsnt matter where you enter Jordan still treated same manner.I think you have to get visa in advance. and not on arrival.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

3. Re: Jordan Visa

Hi, I hope somebody could help me with a question on getting a Jordanian visa at the Allenby Bridge crossing (I'll be going to Amman from Tel Aviv).

As a matter of fact, I read that a visa cannot be bought at these crossings, but I got an information from one agency that does transfers that the Jordanian government started a trial period recently and that it will be possible to get the visa at this crossing.

Anybody who can confirm this?

Petra - Wadi Musa...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Jordan Visa

Anja T

Welcome to Jordan

No, it is not possible to obtain the Jordanian visa at the Allenby Bridge. You must obtain a visa in advance from a Jordanian embassy.

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Petra - Wadi Musa...
5. Re: Jordan Visa

Narellano

As Raymond said, you need visa in advance

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
reviews: 4
6. Re: Jordan Visa

Anja

you can use the Sheik Hussein Bridge to to north o f the country and get visa on arrival that way you can be sure you get one cost 40 jod

enjoy Jordan

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

7. Re: Jordan Visa

Thanks. Now I'm wondering what is the interest of that agency to give false info o.O

Could you please direct me where can I find some info on getting from Ben Gurion to Sheik Hussein Bridge as it seems private transfers are quite expensive?

Many thanks

Cotabato City...
reviews: 67
8. Re: Jordan Visa

thanks guys! i'm now thinking what will be my approach to maximize my trip....i'm so excited to see what i've been seeing on the net and reading on the books come into reality...

Mabuhay(long live) from the Philippines!

Jordan
9. Re: Jordan Visa

There is a bus from Tel Aviv to Beit Shean .... but for more info on matters in Israel, its better to post on the Israel forum for more accurate up to date info...

Petra - Wadi Musa...
10. Re: Jordan Visa

Anja T, try this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k630…

Reply to: Jordan Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted